Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • r.burgy
    • Jan 2010

05 jeep grand cherokee..dash noise

i put a evaporator in this jeep. first one on these newer years. did many,many on the older ones.however, when this one was done. customer brought back with a complaint of a hissing noise. fan on low speed, usually on a/c but doesnt have to be.i verified complaint.it sounds like a vacuum leak on a system that is all electric....go figure.sounds like its coming from the heat side that doesnt get disassembled for evap. replacement. however, i completely tore down again to make sure it was nothing i did.it wasnt. the only thing i found was the door gaskets are coming apart just by touching them. so i fitted new seals on all the doors i could reach by not tearing box completely apart. also i forgot to mention.. air always comes out floor..little bit,but its there.i did a self diagnostic with no codes. all doors operate perfect. after reinstall same exact way. has anyone came across this issue?
    thanks always guys
  • fredyspears
    • Sep 2011

The air is redirecting on the floor? Seems like a leak you need to check every lines that goes through the vent of the air-conditioning unit. You might need to patch some holes.
    Drive Greener Cars - Jeep Accessories

Comment

• Rich Barton
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by r.burgy
      i put a evaporator in this jeep. first one on these newer years. did many,many on the older ones.however, when this one was done. customer brought back with a complaint of a hissing noise. fan on low speed, usually on a/c but doesnt have to be.i verified complaint.it sounds like a vacuum leak on a system that is all electric....go figure.sounds like its coming from the heat side that doesnt get disassembled for evap. replacement. however, i completely tore down again to make sure it was nothing i did.it wasnt. the only thing i found was the door gaskets are coming apart just by touching them. so i fitted new seals on all the doors i could reach by not tearing box completely apart. also i forgot to mention.. air always comes out floor..little bit,but its there.i did a self diagnostic with no codes. all doors operate perfect. after reinstall same exact way. has anyone came across this issue?
      thanks always guys
      Did you recalibrate the doors after repair?
      Rich Barton
      C.R.B. Repair

Comment

Working...