Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

Coil on plug probe tester YA76562

Hi folks, SO part number YA76562 coil on plug tester, so this from what i read and understand is for systems that run pencil coil systems?, so assuming there is no misfire count facility etc on the so diag machines, then im thinking this would be a next bit of kit to reach for ?, i pressume with its long reach lance, you slide it down past the coil ? while still connected to the plug ? and note what happens ? or am i way of course with my understanding of how this works ? ..... any one got an use one ?
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • CrazyFreak
    • Sep 2011

I don't have one. It works with most coils. What I was told when the coil fires it light up the tester. This tell you that the coil works. Other than hat I don't think it can tell you miss fire as it I my check if coil is firing or not. It won't tell you of spark plug is firing or not. It uses the EMF from he coil to light up the tool. I think this tool might even work with solenoids and fuel injectors as it works almost like coils, don't quote me though.

If you want to actually see the ignition firing patern and you have one of snapon's ignition scope you might want to look at this. I dont have one. http://www.aeswave.com/products/Prod...=660&ci=3&sa=Y
    Last edited by CrazyFreak; 02-14-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...