Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADKunlimited
    • Jun 2013

Whats a good price for a used Solus?

Im looking at picking up a regular solus. It comes with all the cables, keys and case. It is updated 2010 also. Does 800 sound like a fair deal? Thanks for any input and advice. I look forward to being a active member of the forum.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Is it a private sale of from a Dealer? Is it in good shape? Can you make sure it works?

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• ADKunlimited
      • Jun 2013

It is a private sale and from the photos it looks like it is in pretty good condition. I will be meeting the guy this evening in person to look it over.

Comment

• ADKunlimited
        • Jun 2013

Well everything was going good while i was testing it till it tried to connect to my envoy Denali. It kept having a error 404 data screen message. He tried it on his truck and same issue. So needless to say i didnt get it. Talked him to 600 pretty easy before the test. So the search is still on for a Solus......

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ADKunlimited
          Well everything was going good while i was testing it till it tried to connect to my envoy Denali. It kept having a error 404 data screen message. He tried it on his truck and same issue. So needless to say i didnt get it. Talked him to 600 pretty easy before the test. So the search is still on for a Solus......
          The original "Red Brick" did its job in it's day. The original Solus did too. A MUCH BETTER tool is the Solus-PRO. Apparently there are lots of those around and from what I understand they're not too far away in price compared to what you mentioned here for the original Solus.

Look for a Solus-PRO. It is markedly better than the Solus.

Comment

• ADKunlimited
            • Jun 2013

Thanks everyone for responding. A ultra will be soon in the future but for now i have to work with what I got.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Original Solus

I sold my original Solus with 6.4 because of questionable operation displaying in multiple 4 graph mode , it would sometimes freeze up. No selftest in Utilities to check tool internals to determine if all hardware is healthy or a software problem . I was able to perform a system recovery and operation seemed better ,however, due to age of platform I could not justify expense of updating something questionable that might even become worse dealing with a new CF card at least 8 times the size of the tiny 128mb it has to process already.
              I actually decided just to keep a beat up old MT2500 red brick with Euro that I originally bought just to obtain it's Euro adapters and keys for the Solus I planned to have updated, but I believe the Brick is a keeper for older cars. Software wise it is much less anally proprietary about what gets shoved in it, LOL and I'm thinking most red cartridges and hardware should interchange between one Snap On Mt2500 to another. (not so sure about The MTG 2500 and or the black programmable cartridges)

Comment

• wvrrcarknocker
                • Jul 2013

Used Solus Pro

I just bought a used one from my dealer for $1400. It is updated to 11.2 with all keys, he is replacing the screen and cable, and is not missing any of the included adapters. I feel I did okay.

Comment

• wvrrcarknocker
                  • Jul 2013

My bad, you asked about a Solus, the one I bought is a Solus Pro

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by wvrrcarknocker
                    My bad, you asked about a Solus, the one I bought is a Solus Pro
                    wvrrcarknocker: If you can swing it, the 13.2 has some pretty good improvements from 11.2. You may be able to get 13.4 if you upgrade in the next couple of months.
                    I still have my old "Red Brick" and my Solus-PRO and a Solus-Ultra
                    The Solus-Ultra I have is only better in that it has no personality keys.
                    The Solus-Ultra will CHEW UP your hard drive storage space if you save any files due to the 751KB Bitmaps it saves for screenshots.
                    The best bang for the buck of all three tools is the Solus-PRO and when combined with ShopStream-Connect for viewing files on a PC or laptop has a very good capability.

Comment

• wvrrcarknocker
                      • Jul 2013

I actually don't use it much, but I was tired of having to take my vehicles to someone else to have them diagnosed. I'm actually an upfitter by trade, so this was just a want. I probably won't upgrade for several years.

Comment

• Modis500
                        • Sep 2012

Scored a Solus Pro 11.2 for $550..no euro, but very clean...just gotta haggle with yer dealer!
                        "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
                        Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...