Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • user00293
    • Dec 2014

Blue-Point Microscan OBD1

I have both the Blue-Point Microscan III and a Microscan Pro and purchased an OBD1 kit for both scanners as their OBD1 grey adapters aren't compatible with Snap-On red and black OBD1 adapters.

I also have some of the black OBD1 adapters that work with my Snap-On MT2500.

After connecting the Snap-On MT-2500 using a black Chry-1 OBD1 adapter to a 1992 Jeep Laredo I was able to get live readout of all the sensors plus diagnostic tests and other information including help with different sensor readings, etc.

However when I connect either one of the Blue-Point Microscans to the same 92 OBD1 Jeep (using the grey Chrs-1 adapter from the OBD1 kit) the only thing I was able to get was a couple of error messages. No live readout, no codes, no information, no diagnostic, help, etc.

What a complete disappointment as I purchased the Microscans and the OBD1 adapter kit because the Microscan III and Microscan Pro are advertised as OBD1 capable.
    Last edited by user00293; 07-26-2018, 06:11 AM.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

If you have a MT2500 why bother with Microscan OBD1?

I have both the Blue-Point Microscan III and a Microscan Pro and purchased an OBD1 kit for both scanners as their OBD1 grey adapters aren't compatible with Snap-On red and black OBD1 adapters.

I also have some of the black OBD1 adapters that work with my Snap-On MT2500.

After connecting the Snap-On MT-2500 using a black Chry-1 OBD1 adapter to a 1992 Jeep Laredo I was able to get live readout of all the sensors plus diagnostic tests and other information including help with different sensor readings, etc.

However when I connect either one of the Blue-Point Microscans to the same 92 OBD1 Jeep (using the grey Chrs-1 adapter from the OBD1 kit) the only thing I was able to get was a couple of error messages. No live readout, no codes, no information, no diagnostic, help, etc.

What a complete disappointment as I purchased the Microscans and the OBD1 adapter kit because the Microscan III and Microscan Pro are advertised as OBD1 capable.
    Sorry to hear Micro scan OBD1 capability for the OBD1 Chrysler didn't work out. Hopefully the MicroScan works with the other makes OBD1 adapters.
    Before you read and found out that the MT2500 OBD1 adapters were not compatible with the Microscan 3, hopefully you weren't trying them and damaged something internally.

Comment

Working...