Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA-WOODCHUCK
    • Sep 2018

Edge WiFi connection failure

Just purchased Edge and can't get to connect to network, but will connect with iPhone hotspot. Snap-On support wasn't able to solve issue... looking for ideas?

Thanks
  • Jay G.
    Administrator
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by PA-WOODCHUCK
    Just purchased Edge and can't get to connect to network, but will connect with iPhone hotspot. Snap-On support wasn't able to solve issue... looking for ideas?

Thanks
    PM sent

Comment

• GypsyR
      • Jul 2017

We have a Solus Edge that connects to our main wi-fi 2ghz channel OK but refuses to connect to the range extender I put in specifically so our scanners could get a better signal out in the parking lot. The Zeus and Verus connect to it just fine but the Solus has completely refused no matter what I've tried.

Comment

• Jay G.
        Administrator
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by GypsyR
        We have a Solus Edge that connects to our main wi-fi 2ghz channel OK but refuses to connect to the range extender I put in specifically so our scanners could get a better signal out in the parking lot. The Zeus and Verus connect to it just fine but the Solus has completely refused no matter what I've tried.
        What brand range extender did you use?

Comment

• PA-WOODCHUCK
          • Sep 2018

Great to see I'm not along. I have a second router in my garage configured as a access point and just an extension of router inside home. Doesn't connect to either one and everything else I have connects OK. iPhone, IPAD, Notebook, etc. In home router/Modem is ARRIS SBG-7580-AC and garage is a basic CISCO with 2.4 and 5.0GHZ channels.

Comment

• Jay G.
            Administrator
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by PA-WOODCHUCK
            Great to see I'm not along. I have a second router in my garage configured as a access point and just an extension of router inside home. Doesn't connect to either one and everything else I have connects OK. iPhone, IPAD, Notebook, etc. In home router/Modem is ARRIS SBG-7580-AC and garage is a basic CISCO with 2.4 and 5.0GHZ channels.
            Thanks for the information

Comment

• GypsyR
              • Jul 2017

A cheap Linksys extender I think. Son-in-law gave it to me after he upgraded to a mesh setup. Figured I had zero to lose and it actually works great. With everything except the Solus.

As in if I had picked it out and purchased it I would know right off what model and all it is.

Comment

• PA-WOODCHUCK
                • Sep 2018

Still no luck getting it to work on various networks at other shops but does connect to the router Snap-On sent me. That said I'm upgrading my service along with a newer cable modem/router combo so.. will see. As there's no reason why NOT it shouldn't connect when everyone else can connect to my gateway. I feel there is an issue with the solus. If it doesn't connect with my network upgrade going to ask SN to replace the Solus!

Comment

• PA-WOODCHUCK
                  • Sep 2018

Well the verdict is in because this "edge" work as designed. We upgraded out service to add phone service through comcast/Xfinity and purchased a new ARRIS SVG2482-AC modem/router and still can't get connected!

I NEED A REFUND

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

Maybe you need to make sure you clear out all the old listed paired networks. Make sure airplane mode is turned off and that your modem/router combo is also set to 2.4 and 5.0ghz. Make sure bluetooth or WIDI connection from it with your PC for Sure Crack or file transfer or printer que has completed and exited.
                    If all else fails and the Lube tech can connect a 3rd hand $399.99 Port freight 08, then looks like you'll have to get a Loaner Brick from the Tool D@ck to get by while it gets sent out for warranty. Sorry Wood Chuck , it's not Ground Hog day today. No Buyer Remorse or Returns Allowed without an incurring an 80% restocking fee.

Comment

• PA-WOODCHUCK
                      • Sep 2018

Spent a few hours today with settings on my router and still no luck. Has some great features if they would work! Also just noticed the serial number on my invoice is different than what's on the Edge???? Will be calling support this week.

Comment

• PA-WOODCHUCK
                        • Sep 2018

Finally got an answer from Snap-On. AES security protocol isn't supported. well that sucks since it's only 6months old!!! Going to figure a work around. Has anyone tried a mini USB WIFI adapter and if so does it work and which one is needed?

Comment

• sbreland73
                          • Jan 2009

I would look for an updated WiFI controller driver first. The very first Verus devices also had this issue, but was resolved with an updated driver.
                          S. Breland

Comment

• PA-WOODCHUCK
                            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by sbreland73
                            I would look for an updated WiFI controller driver first. The very first Verus devices also had this issue, but was resolved with an updated driver.
                            I did inquire, but the person at snapon said NO updates!

Comment

• GypsyR
                              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by sbreland73
                              I would look for an updated WiFI controller driver first.
                              What? Is there a way to access the OS of a Solus Edge? I've heard it's some flavor of Linux but I haven't seen a way in.

Comment

Working...