X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skip
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2008

I just spent almost 30 minutes trying to attach a file in a response and still could not get it done. Started with Chrome and a PDF. Changed it to docx, and then to a doc. Switch to IE and still no luck. Gave up, looked up the guys e-mail and sent it to him that way. Kept getting an error 500 code. And boy was it slow.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Skip
      I just spent almost 30 minutes trying to attach a file in a response and still could not get it done. Started with Chrome and a PDF. Changed it to docx, and then to a doc. Switch to IE and still no luck. Gave up, looked up the guys e-mail and sent it to him that way. Kept getting an error 500 code. And boy was it slow.
      GOOD for you to persevere Skip
      Getting the information to the person even with the headaches.

Other guys won't see the PDF or gain and learn from the information due to the inability to attach a file and a common file at that. PDF's are very easy for almost anyone to access.
      The site really should be friendly to files such as PDF's and other files too, such as the files created by the SnapOn equipment. Maybe Nick could speak to Rich Shepherd and his crew who have done some good things recently with SSC. They may have some insight into file characteristics.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
        Administrator
        • Jan 2014

The "Latest Questions" page.
        I've done a lot of testing on this and it seems to be working as expected. Keep in mind that if a user closes a question, it moves from that list to the Latest Fixes list.

It has been suggested that we turn the links back on in the Pulse list. I know a lot of people ask about that. I don't know why they turned them off.
        SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
          Administrator
          • Jan 2014

PDFs should attach without any problems. Can you check to make sure you're not on a test version of SureTrack? If you look at the address at the top of the browser, it should be http://askatech.com/. Some people have been on the test site and bookmarked it which causes problems.

Also, when you have a technical problem with the site, it is best to submit a support request using the Support button in the main menu on the left. There are several people at Snap-on monitoring those requests during the day.

Comment

• Skip
            Super Moderator
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
            PDFs should attach without any problems. Can you check to make sure you're not on a test version of SureTrack? If you look at the address at the top of the browser, it should be http://askatech.com/. Some people have been on the test site and bookmarked it which causes problems.

Also, when you have a technical problem with the site, it is best to submit a support request using the Support button in the main menu on the left. There are several people at Snap-on monitoring those requests during the day.

This is the URL. The "several people at Snapon" are on the other side of my cube wall and tried to help me load the file last night.

Comment

• Skip
              Super Moderator
              • Apr 2008

I've done a lot of testing on this and it seems to be working as expected. Keep in mind that if a user closes a question, it moves from that list to the Latest Fixes list.

It has been suggested that we turn the links back on in the Pulse list. I know a lot of people ask about that. I don't know why they turned them off.
              What are you expecting?

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                Administrator
                • Jan 2014

What are you expecting?
                I was expecting it to move the latest to the top of the list. I appreciate the extra information you sent me via e-mail. I will submit this error.

Thanks, Nick.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2014

http://www.askatech.com/AskATechLive...2+20%3a27%3a37

This is the URL. The "several people at Snapon" are on the other side of my cube wall and tried to help me load the file last night.
                  And they couldn't figure it out? LOL. Sorry, I'm just getting to know who is who around SureTrack since I'm at Mitchell1 in San Diego.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2014

I was expecting it to move the latest to the top of the list. I appreciate the extra information you sent me via e-mail. I will submit this error.

Thanks, Nick.
                    Skip, they're working on fixing this problem right now. I should be testing it next week before it gets deployed.

Comment

• Skip
                      Super Moderator
                      • Apr 2008

Very good news. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2014

Skip, they're working on fixing this problem right now. I should be testing it next week before it gets deployed.
                        There has been a delay in deploying this fix. I have yet to test it but it is now supposed to happen next week. Just wanted to keep you updated.

Comment

• Skip
                          Super Moderator
                          • Apr 2008

Another small suggestion. I want to empty out most of my "Following" tab as it was about 750. The way it works now is I have to scroll to the bottom of the first page, click on the last page button, unfollow a thread, click yes, and repeat the whole thing over and over. It would real handy if a "Select All" button could be added to the top of the page. With 10 threads per page, this would make it 10x faster.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2014

Another small suggestion. I want to empty out most of my "Following" tab as it was about 750. The way it works now is I have to scroll to the bottom of the first page, click on the last page button, unfollow a thread, click yes, and repeat the whole thing over and over. It would real handy if a "Select All" button could be added to the top of the page. With 10 threads per page, this would make it 10x faster.
                            So you would want it to only select the visible ones and not all in your list?

Also, are you using the setting to stop following after a certain time period? Sounds like you have it set to "Forever". This is under Communication on your My Profile page.

Comment

• Crusty
                              • Dec 2007

So you would want it to only select the visible ones and not all in your list?

Also, are you using the setting to stop following after a certain time period? Sounds like you have it set to "Forever". This is under Communication on your My Profile page.
                              I didn't even know that was in there or selectable.
                              Good to know.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                                Administrator
                                • Jan 2014

That's one of the reasons I wanted to start this user's group. I'm also learning all the ins and outs of the program.

Comment

Working...