Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Wheel
    From what I have heard, this is the way they intend it to be. Hardwarewise, I don't see ANY difference (except the name and color scheme) between the Zeus and Verus Edge base units, therefore there should be no reason they could not port this software over to the Edge also.
    But do more advanced users want this type of interface??? Can you turn the hand hold function off??? To me it seems like it would be annoying once your familiar with the unit. And what do you when you have a lack of internet access???

It seems like they are targeting the New techs or techs with little to no experience so they are not afraid of these new units.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

What comes after the Verus Edge I figured be called the Verus U-Bungi
      Who says an up and coming young Tech can't Dazzle you with Brilliance while Baffling you with Bull.
      Last edited by Witsend; 09-13-2017, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Witsend
        What comes after the Verus Edge I figured be called the Verus U-Bungi
        Who says an up and coming young Tech can't Dazzle you with Brilliance while Baffling you with Bull.
        I have seen and heard some real winners... Especially from those "Accelerated Programs"

I still like asking the newbies to look up the book time On a 1976 VW bug for a radiator replacement. Or to look up the time to R&R the Gas Tank on it.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
          I have seen and heard some real winners... Especially from those "Accelerated Programs"

I still like asking the newbies to look up the book time On a 1976 VW bug for a radiator replacement. Or to look up the time to R&R the Gas Tank on it.
          I actually managed to confuse our apprentice with an emmisions check on a 1974 bug, the Snap On DGA5000 which we just recently got asked the following in the procedure for a check :-

Temperature gauge showed warm

Radiator fan activated

Coolant hoses are warm

So I asked him how I could do a check on these on said bug with it being air cooled and he did not understand what I meant until I explained it had no radiator, no coolant hoses and definitely no coolant.

He thought it would melt with these all missing 😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Does the new technology help anyone fix the windshield washers that won't squirt-?? The "superior" German engineering at it's best.... LMFAO.
            (Some will get it, some won't...)
            Unfortunately, the equipment designers seem to think the direction the vehicle manufacturers are heading, (with the Euro MYTH of superiority), complete internet reliance, is the way to go, blindly following the pack.
            AFAIC it's time to UNPLUG from the 'net so we can actually fix vehicles instead of bubble gumming over the root cause of a failure.
            A piece of kit that won't turn on and function without the internet is, well, as sharp as a sack of wet mice.

Comment

• Glide
              • Jan 2015

1 down, 2 questions to go...
              As far as price,here in Canada it is $100 a week for 3 yrs,with 3 yrs "free" updates.
              As someone already pointed it is way below spec. to use with most OEM programs except some programing onlys.I pity the poor sob who tries to set one up for BMW Ista/P.

Comment

• Crusty
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by BMW JEDI
                FYI, it is my understanding in the time between the breach and releasing that information, Equifax executives have been quietly selling off stock in the company to minimize personal losses.

Isn't this the very definition of insider trading?

Do you trust them with any of your information now?

I think they (equifax and executives) should be removed from service, permanently.
                I don't give a rats pitoot about the LIARS that run the big corporations that practice "insider trading". Ya,. they should be locked up and their bank accounts stripped clean and the proceeds returned to the people they bilked.

The issue I have is people thinking the internet is the answer to all the problems. HELL, it CREATES as many problems as it solves-!!

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

So Jay...

Now that this has been officially released, Can you answer a few Questions for me?

Is the new mini obd2 module exclusive to the Zeus? Or can it be purchased separately and used with the Edge?

Is the new software lay out going to be exclusive to this tool???

What are the official spec's on the Zeus unit as they are not listed on the Platform part of the site and you can not do an official compare against the edge. BTW the Official Price says call... do you really want my self, wheel, and crusty to get on a conference call with you about these things...
                  Oh hell. Don't drag me into a "conference call".... Not only can I get into enough trouble on my own, but they wouldn't like what I would be saying because it wouldn't be "politically correct"...
                  The emperor needs a new tailor....

Comment

• wagzilla
                    • Oct 2014

I got my zeus and I had to order a cable DA-6 I can't hook up to my older bmw's and I also ordered the docking station. I see the dongle has mico card slot for what? and if so how big and fast does it need to be?

I had a verus pro and I felt it was time to trade up. I'm a one man shop.

Time will tell, I just want to hurry up and pay it off.

James

Comment

• Tech_A
                      • Jul 2014

But do more advanced users want this type of interface??? Can you turn the hand hold function off??? To me it seems like it would be annoying once your familiar with the unit. And what do you when you have a lack of internet access???

It seems like they are targeting the New techs or techs with little to no experience so they are not afraid of these new units.
                      Without internet connection you should be able to access scanner and scope functions from the ID landing page without having to go to the home screen, but you will not have filtered information that the internet connection provides. So you would have to manually jump through all the system and sub system menus to get to information that was brought to the top with an internet connection.

If you have connection prior to the landing page and step out of range from your internet connection it should have downloaded the filtered information.

ID will help new users and expose other functions that moderate user's do not use eg PID triggering. Ive found mostly only advanced user's use pid triggering, and review their recordings via SSC. A common pattern I've found with advanced users is recording a test drive and using the brake pedal signal as a reference marker in the recorded data to indicate when the fault or symptom occurs.

Id be interested to see how stable the scope is in a pop out window while still using scanner functions.

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

Id be interested to see how stable the scope is in a pop out window while still using scanner functions.
                        Ability to overlay and merge the scope pattern and the scanner Pid over one another like a graph merge be pretty cool , maybe move the scope pattern to the right or left , zoom in or out as needed to compensate for differences in image display size and processing times between data pid and scope.

Comment

• Tech_A
                          • Jul 2014

Ability to overlay and merge the scope pattern and the scanner Pid over one another like a graph merge be pretty cool , maybe move the scope pattern to the right or left , zoom in or out as needed to compensate for differences in image display size and processing times between data pid and scope.
                          I believe the old VAG ODIS had a known good overlay on screen for scope graphing.

Maybe with enough subscriptions this idea could come true, but i feel like its already been developed somewhere by some aftermarket performance/race applications.

if you have an android device you should check out how the graphing works in the google science journal app. The scaling on the pinch and zoom is seamless.

Comment

• Lit4life
                            • May 2018

I think Snappy should just give you the capability to attach a 1TB USB external hard drive to the entire Snap on Edge line up and download the the entire Sure Trak Trouble shooter data base onto the external hard drive, so you don't have to be dependent on the internet at all or having a current update, to access the troubleshooter that once was built into the software cartridges that never timed out.You never know when and where you'll have to repair something.
                            I agree wholeheartedly!

Comment

• Turbo1dr
                              • May 2017

Originally posted by Crusty

Ultimately, when the 'net is down, or not even available, it's just you-n-me, in the bay, with the car broken, and a solution needed. A reliable and secure solution, right away. Not in an hour or two, not in a day or two, not in a week or two, but NOW.

If our equipment can't provide that it isn't worth the price of a roll of toilet paper.
                              Unfortunately, the way things are going, everything that's now locally installed on your PC's hard drive or in this case, the scan tool will be internet based only. There will be no local installations of programs...only internet based programs. There will be a basic software operating system installed on your device that can only access internet based programs that will require subscriptions. Once everything has cellular connectivity or satellite based internet connection, those will be the only way you will be able to access those programs and the information.
                              VERUS Wireless EEMS325 - Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 - 256GB Solid State Drive - 5Ghz WiFi - 17.2 Diagnostic Suite

Comment

• Witsend
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2012

Wouldn't all the car companies and the Tool Companies just love to have everyone of us lined up and bending over barrels when that day arrives?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Witsend; 09-29-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...