Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasemonkey308
    • Oct 2015

solus pro

Hi, I just got a solus pro and don't have a compact flash card, my question is can i still use the scanner?????
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

The Solus-PRO will function just fine. The software is on the machine itself.

The CF-card slot is for a memory card to save your screen shots & movies.
    There is also a conventional USB slot so just use a USB stick.

The machine has some internal memory space to save screen shots & movies but it is limited.

On the main screen, down the left side, there is data management selection. This is where you can initially save to Internal, then move the files to your CF-card or your USB-stick.

The selection for data save location can be set to any of the three choices, Internal, CF-card, or, USB.

I have found the machine saves faster and returns to normal scanning functions faster when you initially save to Internal.
    Then "move" the files to my USB-stick, then save the data to folders that make sense for you to find on your computer.

From this site, you can download a fantastic file viewing program called ShopStream Connect (SSC).

Comment

• greasemonkey308
      • Oct 2015

Thanks

I want to thanks all of you for helping me, I'm new to this scanner (solus pro)
      so far is very easy to use and with you guys help is a piece of cake
      thanks again
      greasemonkey308

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by greasemonkey308
        I want to thanks all of you for helping me, I'm new to this scanner (solus pro)
        so far is very easy to use and with you guys help is a piece of cake
        thanks again
        greasemonkey308
        Your Solus-PRO will function just fine with nothing in the slots.

I just keep a USB stick plugged in so it recognizes that it's there to "move" the data files to it later.
        Set it to save to internal.
        Move the files when you're finished that vehicle.

Anytime I can help, just ask.
        There are lots of sharp, and nice helpful guys here. Probably a few gals too.

Comment

• fizzie
          • Feb 2018

Shop Stream vs battery level

I am also new to the Solus Pro but learning and using mine already. I downloaded the Shop Stream sw connected my Solus Pro got a message something like "the battery must have at least a 25% level to proceed". I was powered via a power supply and the battery I have is toast so I could not connect to Shop Stream. Is there a "work-a-round for this?
          I am looking into rebuilding or having my battery rebuilt. $261 for a Solus Pro on eBay in great shape with 12.2, a hard case,all sorts of Euro connectors and keys galore and battery charger. I had a universal AC to DC power supply.

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by fizzie
            I am also new to the Solus Pro but learning and using mine already. I downloaded the Shop Stream sw connected my Solus Pro got a message something like "the battery must have at least a 25% level to proceed". I was powered via a power supply and the battery I have is toast so I could not connect to Shop Stream. Is there a "work-a-round for this?
            I am looking into rebuilding or having my battery rebuilt. $261 for a Solus Pro on eBay in great shape with 12.2, a hard case,all sorts of Euro connectors and keys galore and battery charger. I had a universal AC to DC power supply.
            Set the machine to "save data to" INTERNAL
            Grab a USB stick
            Make a folder named "DATA" on the usb stick using your computer
            Plug in the USB stick
            Turn the machine on
            Go to manage data files....copy files (or MOVE files) to the usb stick
            Take the usb stick to your computer (it's lighter than the Solus-Pro anyway....LOL)
            Copy your saved screen shots and movies to your computer
            Open files using SSC from the folder on your computer

Once your files are viewable on the computer using SSC, delete the files from the INTERNAL of the Solus-Pro so you're ready for the next vehicle.
            You'll be able to hold about 40 or 50 screen shots & movies
            ...Oh, set the machine to save JPEG instead of BitMap screens too.
            THAT part (JPEG instead of BMP) is something I REALLY wish SnapOn would do for the newer equipment.....(sigh)

Comment

Working...