Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregb6718
    • Feb 2018

Solus won't scan 2006 Civic

Hey guys, newbie here. My Solus 6.2 with 7.4 doesn't seem to have VIN 4th digit "F" for a 2006 Civic. It has C, Z, Y, and R only. Have you run across this before? Thanks
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by gregb6718
    Hey guys, newbie here. My Solus 6.2 with 7.4 doesn't seem to have VIN 4th digit "F" for a 2006 Civic. It has C, Z, Y, and R only. Have you run across this before? Thanks
    Wow, that's an old build.
    That's pretty normal for any aftermarket scanner. Typically they are one year behind on domestic vehicles, and usually two years before you see the inclusion of import vehicles.
    The 7.4 was released in the 4th quarter of 2007. Initial coverage for 2006 imports would have started with the 8.2 released in the 2nd quarter of 2008.
    If it's one of the original "Solus" scanners, the next one, Solus-PRO was a better scanner but even that has been superceded by at least two more "Solus-xxx" scanners.
    Keep the old girl (they're always handy to have around) but you need to get a hold of a Solus-Ultra or Solus-Edge.

Comment

• gregb6718
      • Feb 2018

Thanks for the help. I borrowed the Solus from my neighbor for my 99 Silverado (429,227 miles and almost every light on the dash lit up!) and it was fine for that, but not a friends' Honda. I gather from a little research that the window of opportunity for upgrading this one has closed, so that's that.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Wow a GM product with over 429k . In my general area a 19 year old Pickup truck with half that on the clock would either be called a Silverothole or Silverathole

Comment

Working...