Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott_65
    • Mar 2012

Verus Pro Scope

Anybody had issues with their scope? I have a Pro running 16.4 that I haven't been using much for a couple of years. I've kept it around just to have a scope and the one time I go to use it, it doesn't work. When I go into that program, I don't get the clicking noise that I seem to recall it used to make, and a message saying no scope found. I've done all the obvious stuff-cleaning, removing and re-seating, rebooting, etc. Hard to imagine that this thing went bad just sitting in the box...
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Guess maybe you P@ssed her off when you first started grabbing the Port Freight 08 then letting it sit in the Launch box when you got the Launch box ,but the straw that could da broke the scope's back was when you cracked the lid of box and said "PICO BOO, I see you." Hope the New Year be better

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Scott_65
      Anybody had issues with their scope? I have a Pro running 16.4 that I haven't been using much for a couple of years. I've kept it around just to have a scope and the one time I go to use it, it doesn't work. When I go into that program, I don't get the clicking noise that I seem to recall it used to make, and a message saying no scope found. I've done all the obvious stuff-cleaning, removing and re-seating, rebooting, etc. Hard to imagine that this thing went bad just sitting in the box...
      Is the scope still paired to the verus?

There's a provision to hook this scope to the verus via a usb cable to a usb port on the tool.
      Would it work like that?

Have you tried re-imaging the verus?

Perhaps the scope drivers in Windows are corrupted or missing?

Do you know anyone with your model of verus - dealer or otherwise - with their scope that would let you try switching it out?
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

I've noted that mechanical click in the Verus Edge and Zeus too. Anybody know what that is exactly? I can't quite picture a big noisy mechanical relay inside a tablet. It sounds kind of like an old-school hard drive "seek" to me.

My thinking being that if we knew what that noise was it might be a clue as to why Scott's is not making it. And running the scope.

Comment

• Steve6911
          • Feb 2007

Comment

• GypsyR
            • Jul 2017

So that's a link to where two people are supposing it to be a relay?

Comment

• Steve6911
              • Feb 2007

Well, if you look under the name Joe Rappa you will see Snap-on DSD which means he works for Snap-on. Also if you read any of his posts you will see he is one of the most knowledgeable members on these forums.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

So that's a link to where two people are supposing it to be a relay?
                Perhaps just a Con-fused-able link inside it too Maybe Time to get Crackin and open - er up I guess be next step

Comment

• GypsyR
                  • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Steve6911
                  Well, if you look under the name Joe Rappa you will see Snap-on DSD which means he works for Snap-on. Also if you read any of his posts you will see he is one of the most knowledgeable members on these forums.
                  OK, all that extra information didn't exactly leap out at me from that one particular thread.

Comment

• Steve6911
                    • Feb 2007

Sorry but like you I work in a shop and have to get the work out. I just gave you what I could in the few minutes that I had. I had full intentions of adding to it when time permitted.

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

Originally Posted by Steve6911 View Post
                      I would guess DSD translates to Diagnostic Software Developer. Joe Rappa could be as Old School as The Super Bowl Shuffle , but still good to hear

Comment

• Scott_65
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Wheel
                        Is the scope still paired to the verus?

There's a provision to hook this scope to the verus via a usb cable to a usb port on the tool.
                        Would it work like that?

Have you tried re-imaging the verus?

Perhaps the scope drivers in Windows are corrupted or missing?

Do you know anyone with your model of verus - dealer or otherwise - with their scope that would let you try switching it out?
                        I did discover after I posted that it does work with the usb cord. Somehow in the process of messing with it, I have a red X for the scanner module in addition to the scope so I've really got it screwed up. But for now I can test what I needed to by plugging in the scope.

I don't have any other units to try it in, and my Snap On man retired so getting parts and service I'm sure is going to be difficult. It's needed (another) battery for quite some time. I have replaced it 2 or 3 times, what a money pit. But I'll try reimaging when I get some time to argue with tech support.

Comment

• Nelix
                          • Jan 2019

Glad you got it working again, I have the Verus Pro but no scope so your at an advantage compared to myself. Cant say I've ever seen the scope for sale separately either

Comment

Working...