Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thomas Greene
    • Oct 2014

Looking for a tech!

Been a long time since I ventured over here! Been busy and somewhat forgot about the site. Hope everyone is keeping busy and doing well! Main reason for my post is I'm looking for a good honest shop in or near Lancaster Pennsylvania that can take care of my daughters vehicles? They both just left the nest and are moving back there this weekend. First time in 30 years me and my wife had the house to ourselves! Hope she has her running shoes ready to go! LOL Anyways, any of you in that area? Let me know!
    Thom

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Amish Andy is an honest one , but he's quite a Horn Dog
      Last edited by Witsend; 06-24-2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Thomas Greene
        • Oct 2014

So I'm an old "horn dog" Myself! And my daughters are very beautiful girls! They got it from their mother! As long as he looks and don't touch! I ain't got a problem with that! (Just don't want to make a unexpected trip to PA!) LOL Seriously I'm looking for someone in the area! Apparently the new car I bought my youngest before she left on this adventure (I rebuilt my oldest daughters car before she left, so maybe only need a service for awhile) Had A.C trouble on the way there! Sounds from afar that maybe Pressure switch is bad" She says as long as the fan is running then she has A.C. but when the fan quits, HOT air! my guess is it's icing up! Don't know, because she's 2000 miles away from home! Need help, gots to be someone back there that can help her out? Whatever happened to "ObiBob" you out there still?
        Thom

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

So I finally found a donor engine for my F450 6.7 project. The old engine spun 4 rod bearings. I was able to lift the cab about 8 inches and get the oil pan off and slide the engine out. Does any one know the difference between a 416 and a 412 6.7 power stroke. As far as I can tell it looks like just some emissions stuff, the turbo, intake and exhaust.

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

So how are the GM parts aquisitions going ? We can only get what the dealers have in stock. Is the strike affecting Canadian customers too ?

Comment

• Glide
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by greasybob
              So how are the GM parts aquisitions going ? We can only get what the dealers have in stock. Is the strike affecting Canadian customers too ?
              Business as usual so far,as long as the parts don't have to come from the US.

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

Have you ever taken a newer Jeep (push button start) on a test drive and come back wondering where you put the key Fobik . Then you see that it's right where you left it, ON THE WINDSHIELD !!!! So happy that I did not turn the wipers on.

Comment

• Glide
                  • Jan 2015

Had a guy that stopped for gas and left his smart key on the roof,didn't notice until he had driven sixty miles.Unfortunatley for him it wasn't there when he stopped.

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

Happy 4th and belated Happy Canada Day everyone. Stay safe and keep your distance. I'm going to where the people aren't, which is pretty normal.

Comment

• greasybob
                      • May 2008

Are you sure you want to delete and chip that diesel ? I've always wondered if deleting the EGR and it's coolers would have an adverse effect on the engine cooling system ?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Glide
                        • Jan 2015

What is the vehicle? What was the customer complaint?
                        I agree about modifying diesels,it never turns out well and egr delete also deletes valuable data for diagnosis.

Comment

• greasybob
                          • May 2008

08 F250 6.4. The vehicle was already somewhat disabled when I got but I did manage to do a relative cranking compression test. I put a new piston and rod in it, honed the cylinder and had the heads checked. It had already been studded, all seems good for now. Sorry my image resizing software not working.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• diesel71
                            • Feb 2008

nice work bob, did you do an after repair relative com. test ?

Comment

• greasybob
                              • May 2008

I finally got the vehicle back here to check over my work and took some relative cranking samples to compare. Note that the engine was warm and batteries fully charged so the scales may be different than before. Things look pretty good. Once and while I can find a slightly low cylinder that repeats every 8 spikes. No codes. It's sad that there isn't much for injector balance data on these. Still haven't found a new image resizing software.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                                • May 2008

Question of the day. Does high octane fuel actually have more energy or does it just enable better conversion of energy by allowing higher compression and different timing management ? I suppose it would also depend on how you are obtaining the higher octane rating such as which additive you use. Also would using a lower octane fuel in an engine that recommends a higher octane fuel effect the fuel trims if no knock or misfire was detected and the ECM made no timing adjustments. To effect fuel trims the combustion process would have to consume more or less oxygen which could be an indicator of power produced ?
                                Last edited by greasybob; 12-18-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...