Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbo4822
    • Mar 2014

verdict battery

Hi my verdict is about 3 years old now and the battery seems to be getting a bit worn, only lasting a couple of hours. I am thinking of getting the long life battery but cant find any info. The standard battery in my verdict is 2500 mah does anyone have the extended battery and what is the mah?

thanks
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

if it has a circular jack like a laptop to charge the battery , maybe you can piggyback a portable 12 volt lithion battery to it .

Comment

• SnapOnKid
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Witsend
      if it has a circular jack like a laptop to charge the battery , maybe you can piggyback a portable 12 volt lithion battery to it .

http://www.amazon.com/Talentcell-Rec...0_SR160%2C160_
      If its 17 Volt like the Verus Wireless, It would be a futile attempt...

People think plugin it into a cars cigarette lighter will charge the tool when its low and they need to do Diagnostics. The cigarette lighter option is to power the OBD1 plugs that don't have there own power source. Not to charge the tool.

Comment

• jimbo4822
        • Mar 2014

I know i can run it off of the cigarette lighter if i have to but sometime i prefer to be without connections. As it is now the battery that came with the Verdict only lasts about 1 hour sometimes a little more. I was just curious what the mah rating was on the larger battery offered by Snap On compared to the original battery

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

If my laptop with a 19V output charger , gets to be 5 years old and if I was faced with at a couple hundred dollars to replace an expensive proprietary battery on my POS laptop and I couldn't find a inexpensive 18 V portable battery pack for sale anywhere by that time, I wouldn't hesitate modifying an 18v battery taken from something else that literally sucks , jury rig it, and piggyback it onto something that figuratively sucks. LOL.

Last edited by Witsend; 10-13-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• jimbo4822
            • Mar 2014

Part of the verdict appeal is the portability. If it can be an overpriced POS is for another thread, but i rather like it and its functionality, I dont want to piggyback another battery. I just wanted to try and find out what the high capacity battery mah rating is compared to the original battery. I thought is was a straightforward question. Snap on does not have the rating on their website that i can find

thanks again

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Sorry , hope this helps,

Comment

• jimbo4822
                • Mar 2014

Thank you, my bad I now notice that is says 5 amp hours, which i didnt notice as i was looking for a rating that is in milli amp like most electronics.

Thanks again

Comment

• MonzaRacer
                  • May 2008

Verdict Battery,

If you look at power jack the Verdict can run/charge on anywhere from 10-32 volts dc.
                  If looking for laptop charger I found the charger brick for my Toshiba laptop worked well. Spec psu for toshiba l305d-s5934.
                  BUT I do know my Verdict charged fine off cig lighter. Heck its only 11.1 volt battery.
                  There is supposedly battery rebuilder on ebay speciaizing in snap on batteries.
                  but i have also powered it from my antigravity xp-10 power pack. Also ran Vantage Pro from it too.

Comment

Working...