Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carfixer
    • Apr 2015

honda key programming

hello everyone I have a solus ultra using 18.2 I need to program the ignition key{bought anew one]….was wondering if I could use the solus to program it called snap on they said the official response was no ….what ever that means.... I have heard of people doing it with the snap on and it has a place on the scanner to do it anyone heard about this …...oh...one more thing 03 honda accord ex 3.0 litre……………………...thanks
  • gfuchikami
    • May 2008

You should be able to do so by going into the Immobilizer & Setup Registration selection after you ID the vehicle. When you enter that selection, just follow the instructions (key on with original key that starts the vehicle). I think there was another menu further down where you Add a Key, etc. I've done it on a couple of Hondas (05 Accord, 09 Fit, 12 Fit).

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

Yes, it can be done. You can also use a Launch Tool which is even faster

Comment

• carfixer
        • Apr 2015

thanks for the replies....I went on the snap on tried add a key but kept saying failed used a autel took less than 5 minutes worked perfect....thanks again for the replies

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

thanks for the replies....I went on the snap on tried add a key but kept saying failed used a autel took less than 5 minutes worked perfect....thanks again for the replies
          I was able to add keys to 06 Acura TL awhile back with my old Port Freight 08 but it as well as MaxiSys Pro failed to perform common basic VSA Neutralization Procedures on most of the Hondas and Acuras that I've tried them on, plus last one couldn't view ABS data PIDS

Comment

• ikozlovich
            • Feb 2019

bug in 18.2

I also tried programming a Honda Smart Key with 18.2 and it failed. I went back to 17.2 and everything worked as expected.

Comment

Working...