Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skip
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2008

As Joe said, it went on sale today, 30 Sept 13. It may not have gotten to your dealer yet, but it will soon.

Comment

• tomtec
      • Jun 2013

modis ultra

thanks Joe and Skip!!!!! Tom!!

Comment

• Modis500
        • Sep 2012

Couple quick questions for the Moderators/EBI Techs at Snap On.
        1: Can the Modis Ultra do the split screen testing (Scope and Scanner same time) Like Verus? I'm guessing no, but still just demo-ing this tool
        2: Am I able to save a screen shot while viewing saved data? I know I can save one on live data, couldn't do it on saved data though
        3:Is the easy scroll option gone? (where you are on a highlighted line, then can use the right arrow as a "yes" option)
        4:How will the automatic update program work? This tool have wireless?
        5:Any reason as to why the scanner locks up after it sits for 30 seconds or so and the backlight turns off? When I hit any button, the backlight turns on, but the scanner is locked up. Have had to reset 3 times after this has happened.
        Thanks for the help guys

Tom
        "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
        Zig Ziglar

Comment

• leemack
          • Jul 2010

Just to add to this,

In the UK my snapon dealer thinks I'd be wise to sell my verdict now as he thinks its going to be over taken by the Modis Ultra which to me seems very odd considering its meant to be the next step down from the verus.

What do you think?

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
            Snap-on D&I
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Modis500
            Couple quick questions for the Moderators/EBI Techs at Snap On.
            1: Can the Modis Ultra do the split screen testing (Scope and Scanner same time) Like Verus? I'm guessing no, but still just demo-ing this tool
            You are correct, it does not.
            2: Am I able to save a screen shot while viewing saved data? I know I can save one on live data, couldn't do it on saved data though
            Yes, use the S button.
            Were you trying to use the button that looks like a Floppy disk on the top toolbar? That button saves a data file when you are capturing data, not a screen shot so use the S button to save a screenshot. That is one of the things it can be set for.
            3:Is the easy scroll option gone? (where you are on a highlighted line, then can use the right arrow as a "yes" option)
            No Easy Scroll option.
            That was a method we developed to make the orig Modis faster to navigate menus and setup the scope. It cut the number of key presses and you could more quickly navigate the Modis menus and set up the scope using just the arrows. The touch screen on the Modis Ultra helps to make it fast to use and setup without something like Easy Scroll. You can do just about everything with the arrows and Y/N on the Ultra, but it's generally faster to use the touch input
            4:How will the automatic update program work? This tool have wireless?
            Are you asking about the subscription program and how software will be delivered to it?
            5:Any reason as to why the scanner locks up after it sits for 30 seconds or so and the backlight turns off? When I hit any button, the backlight turns on, but the scanner is locked up. Have had to reset 3 times after this has happened.
            What screen were you on when this happens? Scanner, scope, other?
            Does it happen every time? or is it intermittent?
            Thanks for the help guys

Tom
            See above

Comment

• Modis500
              • Sep 2012

Rich,

Question 4 dealt with the subscription option, and yes, how it will be delivered.
              As for the freezing screen, 1 time was on scope, the next time was on scanner. It wasn't everytime, but did do it the last two times I was working on it today.

Tom
              Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Trindaddy
                • Jan 2010

Turn off the screen dimming feature in settings menu. If left on, it will lock up the tool if in use. Did this to me 2-3 times while using scope. Don't think this was supposed to operate this way. What would be the point of this feature?

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
                  Snap-on D&I
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Modis500
                  Rich,

Question 4 dealt with the subscription option, and yes, how it will be delivered.
                  I asked and was told the updates will come thru the dealer as they do now.
                  As for the freezing screen, 1 time was on scope, the next time was on scanner. It wasn't everytime, but did do it the last two times I was working on it today.
                  When it happened in scanner, were you connected to the vehicle? If it is being powered from the scanner cable, It shouldn't dim the screen. That is why I ask about that. If you notice some particular steps that cause it to happen, let us know. The more details I can pass along, the better.

Tom
                  See above
                  Last edited by Rich Shepherd; 10-16-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Modis500
                    • Sep 2012

Rich,

I was unable to take Neil's advice, because at that time, I had already turned it back into my dealer. I was not connected to a car, was sitting at home scrolling thru the tool, sometimes in demo mode. That's about all I can share on that.

Tom
                    Zig Ziglar

Comment

• normanatlm
                      • Apr 2009

my snap on man wanted me to buy one, too many questions he couldn't answer, seems to me the sia2000 and other attachments wouldn't work with it???psi transducers etc etc. do not want to be limited to only 2 channels either.
                      love my modis, if I don't want to use keys I'll just use the solus ultra.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
                        Snap-on D&I
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by normanatlm
                        my snap on man wanted me to buy one, too many questions he couldn't answer, seems to me the sia2000 and other attachments wouldn't work with it???psi transducers etc etc. do not want to be limited to only 2 channels either.
                        love my modis, if I don't want to use keys I'll just use the solus ultra.
                        The Modis Ultra supports single cyl ignition test capability in both CTM and Lab Scope like the Modis did. It does not however have an Ignition scope (Multi cylinder Parade, Raster patterns, etc) and therefore does not support the SIA2000 or the RPM lead. All of the other ignition pickups can be used when select Ignition Probe in Lab scope.
                        The pressure transducers from Modis can be used with Modis Ultra, however a different adapter for the pressure probes in needed. It is the same adapter that is used with the Verdict M2. The part number is EEMS324PSA. You can view all the accessories here: http://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/us/modisultra
                        Select Scope accessories.
                        Verus Pro does support the SIA2000 and RPM lead the same as Modis.

Comment

Working...