X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jmar896
    • Oct 2015

External moniter on Verus Wireless

Hi
    I'm trying to get a Verus wireless to work with a 55in Samsung TV. I have it wired in with a VGA to HDMI but it's disabling the TV (2nd moniter). I've tried changing the resolution to no avail. I read in another thread here about tweaking some of the configuration files (for the Pro) but the files are different on the Wireless. If anyone has any idea how to get the 2nd display to work, or just has one that working let me know. Thanks.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I can't hook my counselor 2 to a VGA monitor

Probably the technology is already too dated to work . I bought a DVI to HDMI adapter for my older desktop PC with DVI I wanted to use my 55 "LG TV as the monitor with my wireless TV and mouse and I just see a a square picture in the middle of the 55" rectangle that's really not all that much larger than my square LCD monitor anyway. LOL. My newer laptop with HDMI port works great but 55" or not I still need to zoom in on wiring diagrams and drag up and down and left and right. LOL
    I would try to find the biggest square LCD monitor my bottom feeder hands can get for $25-30 range off Craigslist or just get a 2 year old MaxiCyst that has a no BS HDMI port standard right on the top of it.

Attached Files

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Jmar896
      Hi
      I'm trying to get a Verus wireless to work with a 55in Samsung TV. I have it wired in with a VGA to HDMI but it's disabling the TV (2nd moniter). I've tried changing the resolution to no avail. I read in another thread here about tweaking some of the configuration files (for the Pro) but the files are different on the Wireless. If anyone has any idea how to get the 2nd display to work, or just has one that working let me know. Thanks.
      Are you using just an adapter, or an actual converter? If you are using just an adapter, you won't get a signal that way. The signal technology in those two formats are completely different, so a converter must be used. Read these if you want to understand whats going on:

The short of the story is your Verus VGA output is analog, while the HDMI input of your Samsung is digital. Hence the need for a converter. HTH

S. Breland

Comment

Working...