Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • a91406
    • Sep 2014

sun sia 3000 installation software pc based

need help!!! I have a sun snap on sia 3000 pc based oscilloscope .My computer crash, don't have installation software contacted snap on the sia 3000 was discontinued. can anybody please help ??? all they gave me was #3-561-27b30c1 but no one has it .
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

SIA 3000 user manual, Found A Big Honkin 352 page pdf!

I'm not sure this is what you got but this SIA 3000 is made from Wavecrest, and looks like it was originally installed on Windows 98,

Comment

• a91406
      • Sep 2014

need sia 3000 instalation software pc based

Thank you for replying .I have the manual but it doesn't have the name of the company that makes the software.I will try wave-crest tomorrow and see what they say thanks!!!

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

That's not it. For a very short while Snap-on sold a stand-alone ignition scope. It installed on your PC. I don't know of any software available for it. Because so few were out there, it is unlikely anyone has a disk laying around, but hopefully someone can help out.
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Joe is right, it's not the same

Maybe the Wavecrest SIA 3000 could have become the Counselor 3 , and that may not have materialized, so Snap on pulled their SIA 3000 from market early, maybe because another company already had legal rights to the name SIA 3000?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

That's possible, I suppose. The SIA3000 was released about 10 years ago. Sales volume was close to nothing. And if I remember correctly it used different technology that the very similar looking SIA2000. Capacitive vs. inductive pickups. Not sure why though. (But maybe I was thinking of the EDGE Diagnostics - Engine Tech.)

Joe
            "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
            Henry Ford

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

I would give the place a call and see if this company did past consultation or development work for Sun or Snap On and find out if the Sun and Snap On versions were just a dumbed down Virtual PC based Versions ) of The Real McCoy and whether or not they had archived any of the old software for the PC version sold by Sun and Snap On for Automotive application.

Wavecrest SIA Corporation is now handling sales and service for the Wavecrest SIA product line. Please call us at 952-831-0030

Comment

• a91406
                • Sep 2014

sia 3000

thanks guys for all your help!I found the software in Germany from Sun electronics email one of there managers and he found one in England ,so they emailed me a zip file and it works great. thanks guys!!!!

Comment

• mikeleb33
                  • Aug 2012

I need software too

Im in the same boat I came across the hardware but cant find a copy of the software to use it. Can anybody help?

Comment

Working...