Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

GM Data Buss Diagnostic Tool

I'd like to see the GM DBDT implemented into our scanners. That would ALSO require making sure the scanners recognize ALL electronic modules and systems within the vehicles.
    The need to see and recognize ALL modules on ANY make/model is nowadays an imperative for proper diagnostics and repair.
    Whatever method other manufacturers implement for data buss diagnostics that I'm not aware of would also be beneficial.
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Why was Witsend's reply removed-??

There wasn't anything offensive in his reply.

He indicated that if you had some kind of LED device hooked in and you saw the led flashing, you knew there was activity on the BUSS .

I left that alone simply because it opened up the discussion about HOW MUCH activity was on the BUSS, but you may not recognize that one or more modules were "off line".

THAT is the whole point of the GM data buss diagnostic tool.

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Crusty
      Why was Witsend's reply removed-??
      Could it be because of his incoherent babbling?
      S. Breland

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

No, sometimes I enjoy posting random BS to humor folk and with links to you tube music, but usually try to remove these types of you tube links within 24 hours, and sometimes the whole post if it would become incoherent babbling with the link removed. The link was to Magic Bus from The Who.

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by sbreland73
          Could it be because of his incoherent babbling?
          So, is the DBDT a good thing to have added, or not-??

His posts are not half as rude, nor arrogant as some posts on other forums. Just sayin.

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
            No, sometimes I enjoy posting random BS to humor folk and with links to you tube music, but usually try to remove these types of you tube links within 24 hours, and sometimes the whole post if it would become incoherent babbling with the link removed. The link was to Magic Bus from The Who.
            SOME of your posts are pretty humorous. Some I don't care for but that's what we get with forums.

You said you wanted that function. I agree. That's why I posted the original suggestion.

A link to the Who, Magic bus.... Nuthin wrong with it. LOL

"" No matter how far you PUSH the envelope....it'll still be stationary ""

You do push the envelope....You also might make some people think a bit. As long as it isn't rude or vulgar, I don't mind.

Comment

• sbreland73
              • Jan 2009

So, is the DBDT a good thing to have added, or not-??

His posts are not half as rude, nor arrogant as some posts on other forums. Just sayin.
              I do agree the GM data bus check function would be a nice addition.
              S. Breland

Comment

• Crusty
                • Dec 2007

I do agree the GM data bus check function would be a nice addition.
                Thank you sbreland73.

Are you aware of any other manufacturers who have a similar check of the data buss-?

Comment

• sbreland73
                  • Jan 2009

Thank you sbreland73.

Are you aware of any other manufacturers who have a similar check of the data buss-?
                  I believe Ford and Chrysler have this option. I know Ford IDS has a network health check, and the Chrysler WiTech automatically quires all modules on the network for codes and available flash updates, and displays the network configuration how the modules are connected.
                  S. Breland

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

I believe Ford and Chrysler have this option. I know Ford IDS has a network health check, and the Chrysler WiTech automatically quires all modules on the network for codes and available flash updates, and displays the network configuration how the modules are connected.
                    Since there are so many modules on some vehicles, and an all module scan takes a lot of time to complete, the menu could give you the choice to categorize networks and just scan the modules of the specific LIN, J2534, etc networks separately.That seems doable .

Comment

• Crusty
                      • Dec 2007

Thanks for that. I'll try to do some looking on my information systems. I have gone looking in the past but don't seem to find much. Maybe I'm not looking in their appropriate areas.

Do you have any links to the descriptions and theory of operation for those systems of checking the data buss-?? I don't think it's the same as the dedicated GM Data Buss Diagnostic Tool, nor as comprehensive.

Internet access in our rural areas is pitiful. Not the same as the USA at all-!!! You enjoy much broader coverage in many more areas than what is the lame "high speed" in the Great White North....What we get for "high speed" is almost as bad as your dial up.....

Comment

Working...