Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david_brown
    • Jul 2014

audi a4 b7 seat belt chime remove

hi im new to all this and i have just purchased a new solus ultra and i want to no step by step how to turn the seat belt chime off on my car.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Pardon me if I Chime in ,but I just don't believe you can defeat a warning chime related to safety with any scan tool. The Solus might be able to activate the chime and the seat belt light on to test that it works .Best to diagnose why it's on if customer is actually wearing the seat belt or buy a seat belt extension or trade it in for a Fat Man's car like a Cadillac with a little more length to the belt for people of large girth. Do what you got to do if it's the wife though, but realize you're technically still liable if you put duct tape around either one.
    Last edited by Witsend; 07-20-2014, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• david_brown
      • Jul 2014

No help what so ever

Do you not have anything else to do with your time.
      You must be really bored.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

You'll have to pardon WITSEND. We believe he posts while intoxicated. He does post good info, and is always helpful. He just does it with a crooked grin, and lots on extra info, as can be seen here.

On almost every car on earth, he is correct though. Scanners don't have access to that kind of programming. The exception is VW/Audi though. If It remember correctly, this can be done, but you'd better know what you are doing before you attempt it. The info can't be found on this website though. Try Audiforums.com or maybe another similar site. If I recall correctly, some of them can done without issue, but others can only make that change as part of a group of changes, like disable the chime and it also turns the key alarm off too, and changes the dash to metric....or something like that.

You'll need to go into the Euro software and then into Expert Mode. Be careful what you change. Mess with the wrong thing and you turned your computer into a brick.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by david_brown
          Do you not have anything else to do with your time.
          You must be really bored.
          Funny.
          S. Breland

Comment

• badcoupe
            • Jan 2011

check the rosstech wiki page. You'll have to go into expert mode. I eliminated the tpms on my 06 passat that way. It's a bit tricky.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

I'm wondering if you do find the way to turn off the warning features , when the time comes when the battery is removed they might just pop back by default and need be dealt with again.
              How many "Clicks" does it take get to the center of a " Tootsie Roll-over?"
              Last edited by Witsend; 07-21-2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• david_brown
                • Jul 2014

I've now got it sorted thanks wasn't that bad to do. but it really is hard to find this kind of info for snap on tools.
                I haven't had the battery off yet so don't no if it will go back to default or not.

Comment

• badcoupe
                  • Jan 2011

David, it will be fine even if the battery is removed. S.O. did a pretty good job emulating the ross tech software, I own both and it's really similar.

Comment

Working...