Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fbnk00
    • Apr 2014

Solus Ultra Vs. Modis Ultra

I am thinking about upgrading. I was just looking for some feedback. Basically we just use the tool to clear codes and try to trouble shoot issues. Would it be worth the extra 3500 bucks.

Thanks
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

The scanner portion of these 2 products are the same. By going to a Modis Ultra you will be adding a Meter, Lab Scope and the scope database....which is huge. If you need a lab scope, it would be a good move, depending on the price. If you don't, then you wouldn't be gaining anything.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• fbnk00
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
      The scanner portion of these 2 products are the same. By going to a Modis Ultra you will be adding a Meter, Lab Scope and the scope database....which is huge. If you need a lab scope, it would be a good move, depending on the price. If you don't, then you wouldn't be gaining anything.

Joe
      Thanks for the reply.

Basically we are an autobody shop that sublets out most mechanical / electrical issues. We use the tool to clear airbag / abs / tpms codes. I was just curious if the Modis ultra gave more info on specific systems such as which airbag light was throwing the code. We have had issues where 1 airbag does not get plugged back in. So they have to check each one rather then being able to pin point the 1.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

The Modis Ultra will provide extra info on engine, transmission and abs systems, but not airbags. The extra info it provides is component locations, connector views and specs. It will also give you whatever meter you need to test the sensor.....meaning if you need an ohm meter, it loads one for you. Need a scope, it loads that.
        Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

Working...