Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MonzaRacer
    • May 2008

Well son of a,,,,,,

OK so I have had vantage from 02 through 09, still have it but screen has small bleeds, should have got new one off mouser when they had 75, now can't find new Seiko screen.
    Anywho, bought Vantage pro in 09 and have been thrilled with it for years,,,, till last fall coworker unhung it from under car, sat on leg of lift, the o e that shakes cause cables need adjusted!
    So it falls, won't boot or anything, pull battery pack and one of three terminals loose/out of place.
    Soooo tore it down, reinstalled terminal, slipped in battery and it booted, but filed to see cf.
    So After monkeyi g with it got it to do cold boot like it was reloading from repair sector like laptop.
    Well at first was OK but continually got worse.
    Had my solus ultra stolen but shop owner helped me buy used verdict.
    Awesome so far so good with 13.4 which kept me from loyalty fee but finances failed. Ultra was on 13.2
    Anyway had to send in vantage pro, drum roll $853 for new mobo.
    Then found out scope meter for verdict won't charge battery. Gonna try new /rebuilt one then maybe send THAT scope in for service.
    But gotta get vantage pro back.
    Then when it comes back figure battery will be hammered, and still need to buy new wall wort, found out verdict needs laptop psu not vantage pro/solus pro wall wort.....
    So if you have failure to read cf card it might be expensive.
    Been debating on selling my mt2400, as vantage pro so far he been flawless and till broke did everything perfectly, but did need updated.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

As I said before If there was a way to run the serial #'s before buying used stuff, it might make it way more risky for people selling the stolen scanners and you might already have your Solus Ultra back. Might actually be cheaper to upgrade then repair an old unit.

Comment

• Skip
      Super Moderator
      • Apr 2008

Contact the SO call center and give them the serial number. If it was reported stolen, they will have it on record.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

call center serial number check

Hi Skip which # ?, Is it (877) 762-7664, the number for Customer Service?

If someone wished to run a serial # of any unit, would it really be that easy where they would run it for someone other than second party, through an authorized SO tool dealer?

It would be nice if the SO web site just had a link you could enter a serial number that would give you a red dot and contact info where you could provide information that could lead to the recovery of the unit . Could save customer, tool rep, and Customer Service some time in their day.
        Last edited by Witsend; 08-31-2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Skip
          Super Moderator
          • Apr 2008

Sorry for the late response. 800-424-7226 is the San Jose call center. They are who I talked to when I had a Solus Pro stolen.

Comment

• Jay G.
            Administrator
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Witsend
            Hi Skip which # ?, Is it (877) 762-7664, the number for Customer Service?

If someone wished to run a serial # of any unit, would it really be that easy where they would run it for someone other than second party, through an authorized SO tool dealer?

It would be nice if the SO web site just had a link you could enter a serial number that would give you a red dot and contact info where you could provide information that could lead to the recovery of the unit . Could save customer, tool rep, and Customer Service some time in their day.
            In order for Customer support to know the unit is stolen it would have to be reoported to them. Keep that in mind when you call.

Comment

Working...