X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 66superduty
    • Apr 2009

got 12.2

well after lots of worry i updated from 10.2 to12.2.well i like it
    .1st two mercedes had auto id and quick scan to see all module dtcs at one time. this is great.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 66superduty
    well after lots of worry i updated from 10.2 to12.2.well i like it
    .1st two mercedes had auto id and quick scan to see all module dtcs at one time. this is great.
    Keep looking William, you will find a lot more good features with this update!

Steve

Comment

• eddiesverus
      • Dec 2008

This 12.2 update is much better, of course We still miss that 10.2 old interface but much improvements have been made since 10.4 I do recommend this new upgrade, coverage is very good and if your still holding on to that older interface, your missing out. Of course their still are some bugs but are workable like that Data screen locking up after you exit data mode without resuming the recording. Also I'm still having screen going blank and WiFi connection issues with this update. Just have to reboot it and its back to normal. saying the more it is a much better tool than it was. Thanks Snappy for listening and adding what we've asked for. and to all you guy's reading this, just keep asking for new features and report all those bugs so snappy can fix them..
      Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• TurboJim
        • Jan 2007

12.2 seems good. I'm having an issue though, may be isolated. Intermittently, the thing wont connect to Chryslers. You ID make, year, and then "Auto ID isnt supported on this vehicle" then I ID manually and connect all is fine. Go into System tests, check VIN, and its there. Exit out, unplug the S3, close Atlas, plug the S3 back in, restart atlas, and 25% of the time it will auto ID, other times it still wont. I wonder if the Chrysler section is missing/is looking at incorrect memory addresses. Anyone else having this issue?
        Jim Testa
        Senior Technician
        JD Automotive & Truck Inc
        Dover, NJ

Comment

• sandt38
          • May 2012

I never auto ID. I have seen too many issues in the past with various manufacturers where auto ID winds up wrong. One example, a co-worker was scanning the general manager's 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee here in the shop using the shop's Solus. He kept getting unable to communicate errors. He is more of a nuts and bolts guy, so he started looking for issues, like blown fuses and other such nonsense. Well, I finally went to see what was going on, and when I manually IDed it connected easily.

I never trust a computer... garbage in, garbage out. I always manually input VIN information.

Comment

• David Green
            • Oct 2009

Surely if the technician inputs the wrong information then the output must also be incorrectly received by the user?

Is this the tools or the operator error?

Comment

• Wheel
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by eddiesverus
              if your still holding on to that older interface, your missing out.

So far, I'm missing out on not being able to manipulate, view, and save my data the way I choose, and on the bugs you mention below.

Of course their still are some bugs but are workable like that Data screen locking up after you exit data mode without resuming the recording. Also I'm still having screen going blank and WiFi connection issues with this update. Just have to reboot it and its back to normal.
              That said, 12.2 is definitely a step in the right direction, just not enough
              for me to call it an upgrade over 10.2 yet, except in vehicle coverage.
              Meanwhile I will be upgrading my other tools to get new coverage while waiting for Snap On to return the features they took from us that we had with 10.2. I don't object to what the new interface has got, I object to what it hasn't got.
              You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• TurboJim
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by David Green
                Surely if the technician inputs the wrong information then the output must also be incorrectly received by the user?

Is this the tools or the operator error?
                Chrysler has auto ID'd since the 80's. The ole MT2500 did it! If a PCM is changed and VIN not programmed, its one thing. If I connect my scanner and it says ID info not available, then grab my DRB and its fine, its a problem with the scanner, not user input. Sure I can tell it what kind of car it is, but why? Its there already!
                Jim Testa
                Senior Technician
                JD Automotive & Truck Inc
                Dover, NJ

Comment

• eddiesverus
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Wheel
                  That said, 12.2 is definitely a step in the right direction, just not enough
                  for me to call it an upgrade over 10.2 yet, except in vehicle coverage.
                  Meanwhile I will be upgrading my other tools to get new coverage while waiting for Snap On to return the features they took from us that we had with 10.2. I don't object to what the new interface has got, I object to what it hasn't got.
                  Hey Wheel I agree with you 100% I miss that older UI and Miss being able to manipulate the data-stream like before. I don't have an other Snappy scanner other than the VantagePro So I need latest coverage, that's why I've upgraded every year. But as I said before I've seen good improvements since that 10.4 change and as far a coverage and functions, its allot you're missing out on. And as for this new UI its getting better but Data still needs more works. I do wish we had the Text data list back and being able to arrange by drag and drop like before at least as an option similar to the Modis/Solus has. Hey guys as I said before, Let just keep on asking and I'm sure Snappy is listening.....
                  Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• Wheel
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by eddiesverus
                    Hey Wheel I agree with you 100% I miss that older UI and Miss being able to manipulate the data-stream like before. I don't have an other Snappy scanner other than the VantagePro So I need latest coverage, that's why I've upgraded every year. But as I said before I've seen good improvements since that 10.4 change and as far a coverage and functions, its allot you're missing out on. And as for this new UI its getting better but Data still needs more works. I do wish we had the Text data list back and being able to arrange by drag and drop like before at least as an option similar to the Modis/Solus has. Hey guys as I said before, Let just keep on asking and I'm sure Snappy is listening.....
                    12.2 is a vast improvement over 10.4 for sure. They have added a great deal of coverage since 10.2 that would be nice to have. The scope has improvements, and they've been adding some of our suggestions.
                    Trust me, if they ever add back what they took away from us in 10.2, I will be rushing out to buy the update.
                    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• 66superduty
                      • Apr 2009

i have to say i really loved the verus up to 10.2. then 3 months ago i moved to used cars at a dealer and had to get the new coverage. now i like it to,when i go to custom on data an just look at 1 pid the signal is really fast an i found out you can move them around an get the order you want by veiwing them i am real happy i updated. i dont think i missed alot by waiting for 12.2 from 10.2 but now after 30 days are so of useing it i have to say thanks so, and by the way when do we get jaguer (sp)?

Comment

• hefaus
                        • Dec 2007

Scanners

Hi i am impressed by the Solus Pro 11.4 even though lots didn't work. I purchased a Autel Ds708. All I can say is Wow. Has Jag already and no premium for Euro. Has great coverage on North American Asian and Euro. Snappy Will have to shift up a few gears to catch up with that Scanner. The Unit is extremely well priced as well.. Just saying. Keep Smiling

Comment

• Bob Heybrock
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 66superduty
                          , and by the way when do we get jaguer (sp)?
                          I second that request! I updated to 11.4 last fall and swore I was not going to upgrade again untill Jag is covered, now I am reading some nice things about 12.2...I hope I can hold out (certainly the cost will help deter me for a little while.)

Comment

Working...