X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astgarage
    • Jan 2008

Loss of communication/confindence

Fool Me once, twice, three times.

In 2010 I upgraded from a Solus to a Verdict. Right from the start I had communication problems. I called the Snap on service center several times, often time without resolving the problem. After a few updates things became more stable with my Verdict, but still I was having some issues. So early 2012 I send the Verdict into the Snap on service center. There it is discovered that the hard drive is bad and is replaced under warranty (thanks in large part to my dealer). A couple months later I again upgrade to the Verus wireless w/12.2 ( I'm a glutton for punishment). During this short time of ownership I've had the Verus lock up, not start up, give me false information. Example:1994 Chevy Camero with a 3.4, running problem, no check engine light. The Verus pulls up a dozen or so codes. Clear codes, and there still there. I replace the engine computer and still the same codes. I used another scanner no codes and find the real problem and fix the car. After a couple of more times with the Verus not starting up, I call the hotline and they have me send it in. Now I have a loaner Verus, this time a 1996 Nissan Maxima comes in with running problems and a check engine light on, scan for codes P0400 and P0325 so next go to data display and a communication error message comes up. Reload the vehicle, same thing, Restart the Verus same thing. Can't get data or troubleshooter information. Call the hot line they say to hard wire the Verus to the scanner module and still a communication problem. So next they have me key in a 1997 Nissan Maxima and I get data information, (is it right?) but troubleshooter does not have the same symptoms list for the 97 as it did for the 96. So I back up and punt this car off. So as luck would have it the before mentioned 94 Camero was back. This time for a thermostat. I though I'd try the Loaner Verus on the Camero to see what happens and bam a laundry list of codes, still no check engine light, and other scanner shows no codes. Why the rant cause this is B.S. I spend $7000 grand on the Verdict, plus Updates, spend more for the Verus and still Snappy can't get it right. I've lost most of my confidence on Snap On's New line of Diagnostic equipment. I didn't have these problem with the brick or the Solus, this new Atlas Program Sucks ***.
Working...