Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Bob Heybrock

the Search function seems to only search by vehicle make, the drop down menu for other fields is not available. Looks like a "patch" should be forthcoming!

I plan to talk to tech support this week to find out more on both of the above and I'll report on that.
    Hi Bob,

You should be able to search vehicle history by keyword in the search box, like "Year", "Make", "Model", "License" "Zip Code", "Customer first or last name", "Technician name" etc... All those choices work well. I just tried on mine with 12.4 and all those worked The search dropdown menu is gone with 12.4.

A service release will show up on your DUC maybe more sooner than later.

Bob

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Load times

Bone stock un-touched Verus Pro loads in 1min 43sec from an off state to home screen in Atlas. To launch Atlas from the desktop to home screen 20 seconds. I can say for certain that time is way faster than the Gen I Verus load time. More to follow.
      S. Breland

Comment

• Bob Heybrock
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by sbreland73
        Bone stock un-touched Verus Pro loads in 1min 43sec from an off state to home screen in Atlas. To launch Atlas from the desktop to home screen 20 seconds. I can say for certain that time is way faster than the Gen I Verus load time. More to follow.
        I'm guessing you do not have Euro, which may be taking the extra 30 seconds on mine...Still no complaints as I too came out of a Gen I with 11.4.

Bob

Comment

• Bob Heybrock
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
          Hi Bob,

You should be able to search vehicle history by keyword in the search box, like "Year", "Make", "Model", "License" "Zip Code", "Customer first or last name", "Technician name" etc... All those choices work well. I just tried on mine with 12.4 and all those worked The search dropdown menu is gone with 12.4.

A service release will show up on your DUC maybe more sooner than later.

Bob
          I tried it with customer name and I thought a couple of other fields last week but I'll mess around with it more today (in my spare time.) Let me know if you become aware of a patch available.

I am very pleased with the speed that Vehicle History files load however as I have about 90+, which on my Gen I with 11.4 I had plenty of time to be reminded of that as it stayed on the screen as it was loading...I used to wonder what would happen over the years as that number increased...No worries now

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
            Snap-on D&I
            • Nov 2006

I might not have been clear about the grids (to Wheel), I prefer them too and that is what I meant. When I open the scope the grids are there by default, same for the graphing multimeter. What I had done the other day was opened a prerecorded graphing multimeter file, which as you know had to have the grids turned on each time they were opened. I turned the grid for it on, closed it and when I reopened it the grid was still there, that is what I was specifically pleased with...I had not even verified what I just checked now. I have not checked to see if when they are turned off they stay off, I don't care about that, I'll leave that up to someone else to report.
            The scope will now behave like Modis and V Pro when it comes to settings.
            It will remember the settings you make and won't change them with just a few exceptions.
            If I remember correctly, we did that in 12.2.
            For example if you select the 4 channel lab scope and set it up for the tests you want to do, then exit for some reason, when you return it will have the same settings. This avoids having to make the same settings over again if needed. If you like the grid on, it will stay on. If you like it off, it will stay off. It remains the way you set it.

Comment

• sbreland73
              • Jan 2009

I'm guessing you do not have Euro, which may be taking the extra 30 seconds on mine...Still no complaints as I too came out of a Gen I with 11.4.

Bob
              I have Euro.
              S. Breland

Comment

• brads
                • Feb 2009

Verus Pro

You Guys That Your Dealer Is Taking A Trade In's. Your Lucky They Want Them . My Dealer Told Me To Try Selling Mine On Ebay. And He Would A Deal On One

Comment

• sbreland73
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by brads
                  You Guys That Your Dealer Is Taking A Trade In's. Your Lucky They Want Them . My Dealer Told Me To Try Selling Mine On Ebay. And He Would A Deal On One
                  You should lean on him harder then. The dealers will make their money back, but it takes a few trades down the road, i.e. you trade your Gen I Verus for a new one, someone trades a Solus or Modis for the Verus, someone trades an Ethos for a Solus or the Modis, etc. You can try ebay, but you will most likely not get what you want. For a franchisee, the real value in these tools is the trade in, unlike automobiles, where you can get more selling to a person as opposed to trading in at a dealer, in most cases. If your dealer still does not want to work with you, ask them to ask other nearby dealers if they would be interested. HTH and good luck.
                  S. Breland

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
                    Snap-on D&I
                    • Nov 2006

7. Also, added to the vehicle info section (View) is an "Attachments" window on the bottom right and any saved Scanner Data file is placed there like a shortcut for quickly review. (I have created my own sub-folders for different makes of vehicles and after I moved them they did not show up there any longer but it may be a nice place for them to be, temporarliy, while working on the vehicle and later have them more organized for reference purposes, the choice would be yours.)
                    This would be interesting to play around with.

9. Not noticed before a new "Save" icon names, with vehicle data, and dates a Scanner Data file so you don't have to...Major time saver!
                    This is GREAT news! This is one area the Modis had a big advantage over the Verus, and something I have complained about almost since the first Verus came out. Do they have a provision for you to save and edit any commentary with the scanner data? If not, we need to move this up close to the top of the wish list.
                    As you stated, the attachments are basically shortcuts to the files allowing quick access to them (Much like a shortcut created on the desktop of a computer).
                    The files are not actually attached to the vehicle record as with email when a file is attached.
                    This is an important distinction. If a vehicle history record has an attachment, if you move the file to a different folder, the attachment will be lost if you then view the history record
                    The same thing would happen if you create a shortcut to a file or folder on the desktop and then change the location, the shortcut will no longer work.
                    In the case of the vehicle history record, the attachment is automatically removed if you open the record and the attachment isn’t found because it had been removed.

If you use the Menu> File> Save function from the lower left of the screen to save a file, navigate to the folder you want the file to be located in, then attach it to the vehicle history record. This will avoid having to attach the file again if you move the file after it has already been attached to a vehicle.
                    If you use the Save button on the top toolbar in scanner to automatically name and save a file, if you then move the file to a different location, the attachment will be lost.
                    In that case, you will have to go to the history record and manually attach the file again.

There isn't a way to add comments to scanner files yet.

Comment

• sbreland73
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Rich Shepherd
                      Yeah, but I sure like the way Atlas names the scanner data file by the year make model and date! Much easier to keep track of, or find if needed!
                      S. Breland

Comment

• Wheel
                        • Jul 2007

This is truly a shame. The Verus has been out for a number of years now
                        and has never had this ability, yet the Modis has had it for quite some time.
                        I've always had the belief that a new and improved tool should be able to do anything and everything its predecessors can do, only better.
                        It sure kills the incentive to buy when the older tool can do something neat and useful that the newer tool cannot. I'll bet the Verus pro still can't graph ohms like the original Vantage could.

Anyway, thanks for yet another excellent explanation to help us get more from our equipment.
                        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
                          • Jul 2007

The scope will now behave like Modis and V Pro when it comes to settings.
                          It will remember the settings you make and won't change them with just a few exceptions.
                          If I remember correctly, we did that in 12.2.
                          For example if you select the 4 channel lab scope and set it up for the tests you want to do, then exit for some reason, when you return it will have the same settings. This avoids having to make the same settings over again if needed. If you like the grid on, it will stay on. If you like it off, it will stay off. It remains the way you set it.
                          This is great news. Anything else new for the scope in 12.4?
                          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Orevin
                            • Aug 2010

... Also, my old Gen I Verus had the Windows auto updates turned off and when I asked tech support about it they told me to keep it that way. On the other hand my Verus Pro had them turned on and it was suggested my my local SO tech rep to turn them off for now to confirm the correct setting...
                            Leave the updates enabled. It is the correct setting for the Verus Pro.
                            -Kai-
                            Chicago, IL

Comment

• Bob Heybrock
                              • Jan 2011

As you stated, the attachments are basically shortcuts to the files allowing quick access to them (Much like a shortcut created on the desktop of a computer).
                              The files are not actually attached to the vehicle record as with email when a file is attached.
                              This is an important distinction. If a vehicle history record has an attachment, if you move the file to a different folder, the attachment will be lost if you then view the history record
                              The same thing would happen if you create a shortcut to a file or folder on the desktop and then change the location, the shortcut will no longer work.
                              In the case of the vehicle history record, the attachment is automatically removed if you open the record and the attachment isn’t found because it had been removed.

If you use the Menu> File> Save function from the lower left of the screen to save a file, navigate to the folder you want the file to be located in, then attach it to the vehicle history record. This will avoid having to attach the file again if you move the file after it has already been attached to a vehicle.
                              If you use the Save button on the top toolbar in scanner to automatically name and save a file, if you then move the file to a different location, the attachment will be lost.
                              In that case, you will have to go to the history record and manually attach the file again.

Rick, thanks for the explanation and I do understand the concept of shortcuts. On that note, using the Menu>File>Save is how I always used to save Scanner Data files (until now) and would place them in the folder location of my choice, which as I mentioned was already organized pretty specifically but time consuming, so are you saying that there is a way to still put them there AND have the shortcut placed in the vehicle info attachment box or did I really not get what you said? Of course the real time saver is the new "Save" icon where model, year, make, date, etc are the file name no matter where it puts it!

I am still a huge fan of the 10.2 version of Data Manager and for that reason wasted no time downloading SSC onto my new Verus Pro so although the shortcut is a nice feature, SSC is still superior for graph analysis. One benefit of shortcut is to more quickly see what I have recorded for that vehicle however (before moving it at least.)

It is still a mystery to me why, as Wheel points out, we can not attach a text file to these Scanner Data files...Is it a Windows thing?

Comment

• sbreland73
                                • Jan 2009

It is still a mystery to me why, as Wheel points out, we can not attach a text file to these Scanner Data files...Is it a Windows thing?
                                While this would be nice to have, I have overcome this by entering whatever notes/text into the "notes" section of the vehicle history report. I actually prefer this method, as the notes appear when viewing the history of a vehicle. One might have to "load" a scanner data file to see the notes.
                                S. Breland

Comment

Working...