X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

HDMI outputs for HD TVs or projectors?

I can attach my PC in my living room to my 55" TV via HDMI cable, use the wireless mouse and keyboard and view the TV as my monitor. Any Snap On Scope or scanner built today with HDMI port could be demonstrated in high schools and colleges by automotive instructors to automotive students much easier if it incorporate an HDMI port. A 60" LCD tv is often comparable in cost now to a 32" inch computer monitor or a Big screen projector.HDMI also carries both audio and video signal.
    There is a HDMI port on a competitor's tool already.
    Last edited by Witsend; 03-29-2015, 02:00 PM.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

The new Pro Link Ultra Heavy Duty Scanner has an HDMI port on it.
    The Verus Pro has a VGA port if you use a docking station.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

My laptop has HDMI port that I ran a 12ft cable to a large LCD Television. The cable was a little too short so I returned it and ordered a long 30ft one. I wanted to see how long they can go , some folk say 25ft but read others have run considerably longer.
      The 30ft one worked fine off laptop on the LCD TV in the bedroom watching past TV shows off ABC web site, I have a HDMI female adapter to Samsung Galaxy phone adapter and a HDMI female to DVI male adapter for the older Desktop PC in the other room I found does not have the later HDMI output. Probably won't have to zoom in on wiring diagrams as much to read the print.
      The viewing space on a LCD TV you get for the same money is much larger than you can get with an external monitor.
      Would be nice to playback scanner or scope recordings directly from the scanner or scope to a large screen TV if you just wish to view them and not save the files to SSC on your PC.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

It's 2 years later from my initial post, time and tech marches on and now The HDMI cable tethering to TV is history connecting my Laptop or Android Phone to big screen TV HDMI port by cable.
        Over a year ago ,I bought a Screen Beam Mini 2 Wireless Dongle which does not use internet modem. The Dongle plugs into the TV's HDMI port with short USB jumper, and I can mirror my Laptop or Android phone (didn't think it supports I phone at the time)to the TV screen with out having to mess with cable or connecting through a wireless network. Newer Smart TVs basically have something like it built in , but think it requires going through a working wireless network.
        Last edited by Witsend; 04-21-2017, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Working...