Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

thinking about prchasing verdict owners weigh in plz

I have been a lifelong otc user, but am thinking of ditching my genisys for a verdict. I was thinking of a pegisys as well. Just looking all my options over. I have a tech2 for gm stuff. I do alot of euro cars and was wondering snapon coverage on them is as well. Like I said this would be my first snapon diag tool. Any of you guys who have used them all give me some opinions. Thanks!
  • Tim Mitchell
    • Jan 2011

verdict

I just traded my solus pro for a verdict and so far I like it.Ordered the docking station so i can leave it up and running all day,and connect it to a larger monitor.I diagnosed a co workers 300m from 5 bays away today.And never left my work area.i let him plug in the s3 module.I can hardly wait to learn all of it capabilitys.Ditch the Genyisis...

Comment

• Bob's Garage
      • Nov 2007

Snap-on does Mercedes, BMW, Audi and VW very well. Land Rover is covered from 2000 forward.

No Jag, Saab, but rumors of picking up Volvo are heard from time to time.

Comment

• astgarage
        • Jan 2008

Buy the Solus,and Vantage pro, or a Modus. Both of those system are very solid. I recently traded my Solus and Vantage Pro in on a Verdict. While it has some cool trick and feature its a very unstable system. Many times either it won't link, it has locked up, just today twice the system had to abort and shut down. Its very time consuming. And the only help I've gotten from the snap on tech line is to restore. If you do this feature you'll lose any saved data you had and programs you may have installed. I did a restore once as directed by the hot line, and i lose all my saved data and AVG anti virus, thing is I had ask the tech if something like this would happen and he assured me it wouldn't, so Its seems the help line just reads from a script. But wait I'm off subject. Wait on a Verdict till they have it figured out.

Comment

• Nickb
          DSD
          • Aug 2007

The Verdict is a great tool, You will have internet access to access repair info, such as wiring diagrams and parts catalogs. Also the Wireless features are awesome. The problems with locking up have pretty well been resolved since the online update at no charge. I have seen a ton of these units in the market with very little grief. It is by far my favorite tool.
          Good luck though on your future buy. Just remember, Snap-On does have the best coverage. Both with Scanner and Vehicle specific vehicle component testing
          DSD

Comment

• eddiesverus
            • Dec 2008

Yes I agree on nickb. all tools have there share of problems. I had the 1st gen Modis and OTC Genisys back in 2001 and saw good improvements as years passed by. I never ditched my Genisys, I've kept it up to date as a backup tool. I traded my Modis for the New Verus. and it too has had its share of problems but also its been getting better. Now Im getting Ready for the 2nd gen Verus. hopefully it been a big improvement from the current one. as fare as the Verdict I like it and I would recommened it over the OTC. but keep that Genisys around, you will need it. good luck..also keep in mind that no tool is perfect..
            Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• astgarage
              • Jan 2008

How do you get this update for the Verdict?

Comment

• Nickb
                DSD
                • Aug 2007

As soon as you go online, you should see a White box in the lower right hand side. Click on it, it will say check for updates. Click on that and install it. It can take a couple of hours to load, depending on your wireless signal.
                DSD

Comment

• manianac
                  • Jan 2011

I absolutely love my Verdict. It had its hiccups when I first bought it, but once the updates started rolling out it became much smoother.

Comment

• badcoupe
                    • Jan 2011

well i demo'd the verdict for two weeks and I liked it enough I bought it. I had mixed emotions about trading my otc scanner in but I did. I've had the otc scanners since 99-00 when they were released. I've had a few hiccups here and there but so far not too bad. I appreciate the comments from you guys. One thing I have noticed that has bothered me is that I lose datastream when the car dies and has to be restarted I have to backup.

Comment

Working...