Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
    I'm afraid if I ever get a handle on how to use paint program and photo shop it's just going to turn me into a more effective internet troll than I already am at annoying folk. Uploading pictures saved from my camera onto my pictures and loaded up onto Craigslist and other forums , I've never ever had to mess with editing the picture size.
    I kind of LIKE your ANNOYING SIDE-!!! LMAO-!!
    THAT pic was great. But why should we have to-??
    I haven't figured out how to do any resizing on the fly during a busy day using a cell phone.
    But again, why should we have to-??

If other forums and sites don't make you mess with editing a picture, why does THIS ONE-??

I wonder....how many cameras, or other picture devices use BITMAPS as the primary image file format the way current SnapOn equipment does-??

How many other sites have DIFFERENT FONT SIZES ON THE SAME SCREEN the way Sure Track does-??

How many other sites have a spell check program so piss poor that it doesn't recognize the word "cavitation" (and THAT is just the most recent example-!!!!)
    I'm not horrible at spelling but sometimes a FAT FINGER gets in the way, and yes, there are some words that I don't spell correctly so some kind of spell check is a good thing......just NOT ONE as PISS POOR as the one incorporated in the Sure Track site.

Yup-!! I'm a broken record......how hard can it be to standardize a font size on the same web page-?? It must be awfully difficult......They haven't done it since its' inception.

Fundamental really.
    Last edited by Crusty; 11-22-2014, 06:55 PM. Reason: Wit's Pic

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Test Test

This is a test of a small picture

The free program I loaded is real easy to use and no need to open Paint and jump through Microsoft Hoops to make a mountain out of a Mole hill. But if I had to open paint and photo shop to do it , guess it could be fun if I learned to use it.

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

It's in Win-7 on THIS computer.
        Right click the image file and it's easy to resize, but again, why should we have to-??
        Not all of my computers have Win-7, so that's another issue that complicates the fact that this site won't size an image appropriately for this site when other sites do.

Why should we have to "resize" anything at all if the developers had dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's in the first place.

Somehow, INCLUDING ALL THE PIDS so pids are not MISSING from the data stream is a FUNDAMENTAL thing but THAT only took FIVE YEARS before they fixed it.....

I guess it's been only about THREE YEARS that I've bitched about font sizes and spell check so I really shouldn't expect any corrections to FUNDAMENTAL things for another two years-!!

ROFLMFAO-!!!

Just silly pigheadedness to NOT CORRECT basic fundamentals.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
          Administrator
          • Jan 2014

Crusty,

I'm working on improving the spellchecker where I can. Hopefully you've noticed some changes in the past few months. Yes it does still have problems and if I could swap it out for a different tool on my own I would, but that's not how it works.

If you see a correctly spelled word come up, click the Add to Dictionary link.

As for the font size, have you tried using the zoom settings on your browser?
          SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
            Crusty,

I'm working on improving the spellchecker where I can. Hopefully you've noticed some changes in the past few months. Yes it does still have problems and if I could swap it out for a different tool on my own I would, but that's not how it works.

If you see a correctly spelled word come up, click the Add to Dictionary link.

As for the font size, have you tried using the zoom settings on your browser?
            Hi Nick
            Someone needs to make an executive decision to FIX the spell check feature or put in a different one. If after this long it can't be fixed it's either because someone doesn't WANT to because it's so low on their priority list, or it's total garbage and should be scrapped and a better one instituted.

As for the font size; again, why should the user have to FIDDLE AROUND at all-?? YES I have screwed around with the zoom, in and out and back in and out again just to read the screen-!!
            If I leave it alone one font is too small. If I zoom it the other font is too large. Sometimes a responder wants to verify what someone else said and wishes to peek to make sure they're typing in an appropriate response, zoom in, zoom out, zoom in, zoom out,.....
            If you're "on the fly" and use a cell phone pinching in and pinching out and the screen jumps to the top of the page and you have to drag it back down to the typing field.
            Just a royal PITA for such a simple thing that was OVERLOOKED when the site was first created.....

Silly Azz fundamental things, BUT-!! if the simple fundamentals are not worth the effort, then what the hell IS worthy of attention and FIXING.
            Little pidly Azz things..... add up those pidly Azz things and then the mountains appear-!!

EXACTLY the same PRINCIPLE as the MISSING PIDS was for FIVE FREAKIN YEARS.
            FIX the fundamental things.
            Same thing goes for fixing automobiles-!!!
            Fix the FUNDAMENTAL things FIRST.
            The rest usually falls into place nicely.

(BTW I have tried the add to dictionary in the past....THAT was ANOTHER waste of time)

Comment

• Dr.Jake
              • Jun 2009

yo

And Hello from Florida........
              Attached Files
              Member of Klunker's Corporate, Land of the Great Scarples, Meat Rocks, Footsticks & Spray.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Polar air retreated and back up around 50 again in Illinois with rain , figuring Florida be at least in the upper 70s . Have a great time while down in Florida.
                Ok my PC is acting up in Windows again , so I booted up in Ubuntu. Here is a test picture uploaded that I zoomed out and saved .
                Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

guess it didn't work

Comment

• Thomas Greene
                    • Oct 2014

My Boys.jpg

Test

Comment

• Thomas Greene
                      • Oct 2014

A little different posting a pic here than on MOD. So had to see if I could figure it out.

Above is a pic of my chariot team..

If you have a Kodack camera, you can get a program called "kodack easyshare" Very simple to size your pix with it. And it's free
                      Thom

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

Ever see a Prius leak coolant from the tranny ? It looks to be coming through the little "weep hole" between the tranny and oil pan. No evidence of a coolant leak above the tranny and it just leaking through to the bottom. Is there any thing in the front of the tranny that could be leaking ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

Viewing a cutaway it looks like the generator is between the engine and trans and has coolant passages as well as the electric motor.

Comment

• Witsend
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2012

I believe the inverter (generator) section has an electric water pump and some may be involved in a recall

Comment

• DrD907
                              • Oct 2014

Greasy, sounds like its likely going to need a new transmission.

DrD

Comment

• greasybob
                                • May 2008

I start removal tonight, gonna find out, thanks Dr.D and Witsend.
                                Last edited by greasybob; 11-25-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...