Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbender
    • Feb 2011

Verdict asking for K7A Key?

I'm having a connection issue trying to connect to a 99 Dodge Avenger. The scanner is saying first off that the selection is not supported to try choosing from the 2 menu choices below

After choosing the FJ U option I am then asked to connect OBD II adapter with K7A key and Mitsu adapter

obviously I hit continue since I have no keys for my verdict and the scanner tries to communicate

And eventually stops communication.

The only way I can seem to communicate with this vehicle is thru global OBD II
    I got frustrated and grabbed the shop Modis and had the same proble with it using the K7A key
    So now I'm wondering "What am I doing Wrong?"
    "How do I connect both the obd II connector and the Mitsu connector at the same time?"
    Most of all "Why is my keyless Verdict requesting the use of a Key?"
  • jgarza83
    • Jun 2008

I'm pretty sure your going to need the mitsu-1 adapter the key and the odb2 connector. The mistsu-1 is like a y-adapter and allows you to connect both at the same time. I tried looking for a pic on the internet to show you what it looks like but i couldn't find one.

Comment

• hefaus
      • Dec 2007

OBD II adapter with K7A key and Mitsu adapter

Originally posted by cbender
      I'm having a connection issue trying to connect to a 99 Dodge Avenger. The scanner is saying first off that the selection is not supported to try choosing from the 2 menu choices below

After choosing the FJ U option I am then asked to connect OBD II adapter with K7A key and Mitsu adapter

obviously I hit continue since I have no keys for my verdict and the scanner tries to communicate

And eventually stops communication.

The only way I can seem to communicate with this vehicle is thru global OBD II
      I got frustrated and grabbed the shop Modis and had the same proble with it using the K7A key
      So now I'm wondering "What am I doing Wrong?"
      "How do I connect both the obd II connector and the Mitsu connector at the same time?"
      Most of all "Why is my keyless Verdict requesting the use of a Key?"
      Hi. jgarza83 is correct You Will need the Mitsu adapter. Connect to the end of your cable then connect the OBD 2 adapter with the key requested.

Comment

• cbender
        • Feb 2011

ok, I have the adapter but I have no keys or an obdII adapter that takes keys with my verdict. Should this adapter have come with my verdict or is it one that needs to be ordered sepeatly? My Dealer told me verdict is keyless, is this not the case?

Comment

• hefaus
          • Dec 2007

keys

Originally posted by cbender
          ok, I have the adapter but I have no keys or an obdII adapter that takes keys with my verdict. Should this adapter have come with my verdict or is it one that needs to be ordered sepeatly? My Dealer told me verdict is keyless, is this not the case?
          I kept my adapters when I had bought the Solus. Seems now you don't get anything like keys or older adapters. I was under the impression that keyless was exactly that keyless ( I must have come from a different school). I have the Solus Pro Now and all the adapters that I kept when I traded my Solus in. You can buy the OBD 11 adapter and the keys from your SO dealer. Have no idea if it will hook up to the verdict cable. Just ask. Keep Smiling
          Last edited by hefaus; 02-21-2011, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Nickb
            DSD
            • Aug 2007

You need a Verdict cable EAX0066L30A and if you don't have the OBD1 kit, here are the part #'s. EAK0301B08A is the major kit, then the small add-on kit is EAK0288B04B. The Mitsu-1 adaptor is in the major kit. It also contains the OBD2 adaptor. There is no keys in this kit though. Hope this helps.
            DSD

Comment

• cbender
              • Feb 2011

I have the OBDI kit and the major adapter kit with the mitsui connector. I guess I've never had to install both at the same time. I'm sure I could use the obdII adapter from our shop modis with it's keys. My main issue is that I was told Verdict did'nt need keys and I was surprised to run into the need for keys so shortly after my purchase. I thought I had gotten everything I needed for this unit from SO, I've had this thing 2 weeks and it's been nothing but a very big learning experience. Every time I use it I keep running into problems and have to go back to using the shop modis to get things done in a timley fashion and ask questions at a later time. I'm debating on giving this thing back to SO and getting a modis instead but I'm trying to give it the benefit of the doubt since it is new. I have read the pdf manual, I have watched all the free training on Snap On's website and have spent countless hours with this thing and still have nothing but problems. I feel like a test dummy for snap on right now! LOL! I was skeptikal to buy this thing because I had the same problems with solus when it first came out and SO wanted me to pay 800.00 for an update to fix the problems and I gave the unit back cause i t never worked right from day 1.Now solusis fixed and reliable from what I hear. I avoided purchasing Snap On scanners for years due to that experience and finally decided to give them a second chance.
              Sorry, had to vent there! I'm going to keep pushing on here for a few weeks before giving up on the thing.

Comment

• jrorl63
                Snap-on DSD
                • Aug 2007

cbender - I've attached a list that shows what's included and considered optional for your new VERDICT. I know it's very frustrating when this information isn't either provided to or passed on to the franchisee (Snap-on dealer). Unfortunetly the VERDICT does still need some keys and adapters at this time. HTH
                Attached Files

Comment

• choi0706
                  • Jan 2011

i was not happy to find out i needed another cable to make my euro kit work.. Didn't dawn on me untill I had a bmw come in and I needed to use the adapter..

Anyone know if a COM cable or some computer cable will work?

Comment

• sbreland73
                    • Jan 2009

Regarding this 99 Avenger,

Even as it is branded a Dodge, it also has Mitsubishi controllers (remember Dodge and Mitsu were partners). This case is a rare one, and I suspect you won't see many like it. These were a real pain when I worked at AAMCO, because to check one system you needed this adapter, to check that system you needed another. Wire diagrams were also a pain, because of split manufactures. The Verdict is MOSTLY for the standard OBDII port, so it IS key-less, but not in this case. You may only see this with the Dodge?Mitsu combos. HTH.
                    S. Breland

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                      • Jan 2011

I did not think the wireless verdict had a scan module built in because of the blue tooth module??? I have been told the new wireless verus also does not have an internal scan module so you can not use a keyed cable system with it??? What gives???

Comment

• badcoupe
                        • Jan 2011

I have european on mine and it came with some keys that go into a couple of the ob1 cables for benz etc.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by badcoupe
                          I have european on mine and it came with some keys that go into a couple of the ob1 cables for benz etc.
                          Interesting... Im still waiting for my euro adapters to arrive. So I don't know I'm only going by what I was told so far...

Comment

• dave-m
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
                            Interesting... Im still waiting for my euro adapters to arrive. So I don't know I'm only going by what I was told so far...
                            Euro kit is supplied with a cable and adapters, you remove the OBDII cable from the S3 Module and use this cable and the needed adapter, some of which require keys supplied in the kit.
                            The cable in the Euro kit also allows you to use OBDI connectors. So far I have used a GM1, a Ford and Chrysler connector, from an old Brick kit, with our Verdict. All have performed just fine.

Comment

• badcoupe
                              • Jan 2011

My euro cable didn't come with the s3-ob1 cable adapter they were apparently misboxed.I too have used ob1 connectors with mine with no issues other than there was no back button once i retrieved the codes from a ford reanger. I updated the service release since then and that issue is supposedly fixed haven't tried it yet. I had to SO tech remotely update mine since the updater wouldnt do it. Check your version everyone you should have 2223. If not call SO tech.

Comment

Working...