Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cma 124
    • Dec 2020

MT2500 not communicating with 1992 f.150

I’m hoping to get some information on using a MT2500 to scan a Ford EEC IV system. I am attempting to pull codes and data from a 1992 F.150 5.8 with a MT2500 (V 1.8) using the domestic primary and secondary cartridge (thru 1999). The scanner is able to trigger the self tests of the ECM (relays and sensors activate) and CEL flashes out codes but the scan tool is unable to actually display the codes. When attempting to get live data I get a no communication message. I know that the truck is not the problem because I am able to get codes and live data using my friends newer Snap On scan tool. My scan tool functions normally on obd 2 and on a 1994 obd 1 Volkswagen. Can anyone confirm that my scan tool and software will pull live data and codes from my truck? Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do to get my set up to work with my truck?
  • 1ftingrave
    • Dec 2023

92 ford no comms

the ford EEC-iv DLC has no power pin
    so you must connect the power from cars +12v battery to the adapter power
    jack.
    also and first, what adapter are you using? from Snap-on
    -70>?FRD-4?

or ? FRD-1b? it has side jack 12vdc coax connector that must be used.
    FRD-1a that has the red wire out the side?
    I can not guess adapters.
    the tool must get 12vdc into the tool, pin 15 (IIRC) the power must reach the tool it it fails.
    The tool does not run off 9v radio battery ,at all, the 9vdc is RAM keep alive.

that is it so far, tell all cartridges installed, the label sticker if RED tells this.

Comment

Working...