Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texaswilkins
    • Mar 2015

fast track troubleshooter 19.2 software

I bought a used solus ultra with the 19.2 software. I connected it to my 2018 Silverado 2500 6.6 diesel and it won't display the troubleshooter, for that vehicle. I can find it for some cars but not mine. Is that normal? How far behind are they with troubleshooter?

Thanks

Bill
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

19.2 doesn't include all MY info for previous year (i.e. 2018), and doesn't even cover all the 2017 MY cars, but most it will. Try finding someone with a 19.4 or 20.2 coverage to see if your troubleshooter needs are covered.

Hope this helps,

Tom
    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
    Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Jay G.
      Administrator
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by texaswilkins
      I bought a used solus ultra with the 19.2 software. I connected it to my 2018 Silverado 2500 6.6 diesel and it won't display the troubleshooter, for that vehicle. I can find it for some cars but not mine. Is that normal? How far behind are they with troubleshooter?

Thanks

Bill
      Hi Bill,
      The platform embedded Troubleshooter model year coverage ends at 2015 for all makes. All Wi-Fi capable platforms with current software receive diagnostic information through SureTrack on the platform and SureTrack website. For non-Wi-Fi platforms (Solus Ultra) with current software (20.4) will have access to the SureTrack website where you will find the diagnostic information.

Regards
      Jay

Comment

• texaswilkins
        • Mar 2015

Thanks guys.

Bill

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Jay G.
          Hi Bill,
          The platform embedded Troubleshooter model year coverage ends at 2015 for all makes. All Wi-Fi capable platforms with current software receive diagnostic information through SureTrack on the platform and SureTrack website. For non-Wi-Fi platforms (Solus Ultra) with current software (20.4) will have access to the SureTrack website where you will find the diagnostic information.

Regards
          Jay
          Unfortunately, it looks like Snap on just ended what was one of their greatest assets and greatest incentives to buy Snap On as opposed to their competition. The been there done that info there has helped many through the years become the mechanics they are and will be missed - while there may be those who disagree, Suretrack is no replacement for it.
          The more internet dependent aftermarket tooling gets the less reason and incentive to buy it as an alternative to OEM.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• texaswilkins
            • Mar 2015

That troubleshooter was a lot of why I upgraded from the solus pro to this tool. I knew it was there in my old one and was kinda surprised that its not there for everything in my new one. On the bright side, my new truck hasn't had problems that need to be fixed yet. Crossing fingers and knocking on wood, it stays that way for awhile.

Bill

Comment

• Wheel
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by texaswilkins
              That troubleshooter was a lot of why I upgraded from the solus pro to this tool. I knew it was there in my old one and was kinda surprised that its not there for everything in my new one. On the bright side, my new truck hasn't had problems that need to be fixed yet. Crossing fingers and knocking on wood, it stays that way for awhile.

Bill
              Yep, that's the point exactly. Troubleshooter ON THE TOOL - internet & update independent - is why a LOT of people chose Snap On over or in addition to their competition. They seem determined to step by step make their tools worse instead of better.

That said, one does have to appreciate Jay for the heads up on this.
              You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Matt
                • Dec 2008

I look at SureTrack as the more current and mature version of troubleshooter. It doesn't bother me that it requires internet to access the information. My small business is already "internet dependent" for several other reasons. I don't like being dependent on the internet, but it's just a reality for me. I agree that SO's troubleshooter data base is what separated it from other tools. I also feel SureTrack is what separates them from other tools now.

Comment

• GypsyR
                  • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Jay G.
                  Hi Bill,
                  The platform embedded Troubleshooter model year coverage ends at 2015 for all makes.
                  Well I guess that's the last nail. Boss paid for three years of the extra "guided diagnostic" stuff on the new Zeus and found it sadly lacking. I did too and happily used Troubleshooting instead. As usual.

So add that together and when it's time to shop for a new scanner, I'm pretty sure we will no longer be looking at Snap On's offerings.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by GypsyR
                    Well I guess that's the last nail. Boss paid for three years of the extra "guided diagnostic" stuff on the new Zeus and found it sadly lacking. I did too and happily used Troubleshooting instead. As usual.

So add that together and when it's time to shop for a new scanner, I'm pretty sure we will no longer be looking at Snap On's offerings.
                    Your won't be the only one...

Comment

Working...