Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GiovaniCustoms
    • Apr 2008

04 Focus Check eng light on, no codes

I am working on an 04 Focus 2.0 sohc. Check engine light is on, NO CODES. No drivability issues. checked eng, trans, even body and abs modules for codes and even cleared them anyway. no change. no tsbs. been doing this for 23 years but I am stumped! Any Ideas?
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by GiovaniCustoms
    I am working on an 04 Focus 2.0 sohc. Check engine light is on, NO CODES. No drivability issues. checked eng, trans, even body and abs modules for codes and even cleared them anyway. no change. no tsbs. been doing this for 23 years but I am stumped! Any Ideas?
    Hi GC,
    Don't ID it as a Ford. ID the car as Global OBDII and see what codes are stored there.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• joenash
      • Jan 2009

yes a few time with my verus I had no communnications ant went is generic and it showed the codes
      JOENASH

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by joenash
        yes a few time with my verus I had no communnications ant went is generic and it showed the codes
        Hi Joe,

In GCs case it's not a matter of no communication. It's a function of where the PCM stores the codes. This is not the fault of the scanner. When you check trouble codes it is best to ID the car through Manufacturer Specific as well as OBDII. If not, you are certainly missing codes. Try it and you'll see how common it is(you probably already are).

Some car lines do it more often than others. I've found Nissans and Fords to be the biggest offenders.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

Working...