Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cedrick
    • Apr 2011

subaru connections

hi there i have a subaru impretza sti wrx thats has an abs fault, ive plugged the solus on but i cant find subaru anywhere. is there a way to get in to it on there? if so how? cheeers
  • markt
    • Apr 2011

the only way which may be possible is to find out what make/version the abs unit fitted to the vehicle is,then choose a manufacturer which has the same unit fitted to their vehicle and go through manual selection mode if available...only problem may be which personality key you will need to use(if scantool uses them).
    if we hit a similar problem in our garage we use the bosch kts to do this procedure as its a LOT easier,very rare though as most are covered on it or the x431.

Comment

• Timo
      • Nov 2011

if i am not mistaken it should be in there you need the right key also Optional European vehicle Scanner software for SOLUS PRO (covers Audi, BMW, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, SMART, VW and Volvo).I dont think subaru is in that.
      Last edited by Timo; 02-04-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

Suburu might be on the USA diag market but not on the uk market, like some others we could benefit from here in the UK.
        Toyota pro tech & ata
        PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

• Orevin
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Timo
          if i am not mistaken it should be in there you need the right key also Optional European vehicle Scanner software for SOLUS PRO (covers Audi, BMW, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, SMART, VW and Volvo).I dont think subaru is in that.
          That might be because Subaru is a Japanese manufacturer. Snap On (US 11.4) has some coverage for it: www1.snapon.com/display/1068/Bundle114/11.4_AG_FINAL9272011.pdf#page=66
          -Kai-
          Chicago, IL

Comment

• Bob's Garage
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by cedrick
            hi there i have a subaru impretza sti wrx thats has an abs fault, ive plugged the solus on but i cant find subaru anywhere. is there a way to get in to it on there? if so how? cheeers
            Cedrick,

You aren't missing much. Subaru is only covered in the USA by Snap-On with Generic data and no Functional tests. Later years have some better coverage, but it is almost too early for that yet. We are still seeing 1996-2003 Subarus here and Snap-on is at best a generic scan tool. I have used Launch with some success on Subaru and will use my Autel DS708 on the next one that comes through. Launch also covers ABS and SRS on Subaru.

For now, I am able to accept Subarus.

As far as ABS, Airbag and other modules, it is manual code retrieval. The Troubleshooter is of some help though.

I have heard Snap-on is aware of our complaints and is planning some changes for Subaru coverage. I hope this rumor is true!!!

Thanks, Bob

Comment

• sbreland73
              • Jan 2009

What I find funny is the last post date before Timo drug it back up, 04-24-2011. I am amused how the "newbees" are so excited about this forum, and wish to contribute (and I am not knocking this, it IS encouraged) but they seem to overlook the post dates. I could only assume that the original poster has found a fix or work-around by now.
              S. Breland

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                • Nov 2007

Old post new comments

sbreland,

To be honest, I didn't pay attention to the date either.

To me, it's a subject that really doesn't get enough attention.

I don't post here on the public side much, but I don't see many guys posting real world examples on why Snap-on needs to fix or expand coverage.

Most are just rambling on.

Like you, I agree that it is refreshing. I occasionally dig up old subjects to let those know that I won't let it rest. For example, this post. Timo brought it back to the surface. Good!

We need better Subaru coverage.

Come to think of it, what about Isuzu, Mitsubishi, etc...

Thanks, Bob

Comment

Working...