X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skip
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2008

Timing Out

Is it just me or is ProDemand timing out WAY too fast. Under a minute all day. Kinda makes it hard to get any work done.
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

It shouldn't be timing out that quickly. Let me do some checking.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
      Administrator
      • Jan 2014

I/T says it shouldn't time out for 12 hours. They need you to call tech support so that they can look at your account to see if there is anything unusual.

1-888-724-6742
      Hours are Monday to Friday, 5:30am-4:30pm Pacific Time

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
        Administrator
        • Jan 2014

Here's some additional information from the development group, let me know if this may be what is happening to you. Also, let me know what operating system and browser you're using and if it's IE, what version. If you're having it happen from a tool, let me know what the tool is.
        We do have one more timeout scenario. If a user closes down the browser (X out) the license will release after 5 Minutes. While this is not the issue here, if the user opens another instance or session of ProDemand within the same bowser, we will start the 5 minute clock against the previous ProDemand session.

How this typically plays out is that two techs will be using the same terminal/computer and each with their own session open. Whichever tech logs in second will have his session persist while the tech that logged in first will “timeout” in 5 minutes after the second session begins.

Comment

• Skip
          Super Moderator
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
          Here's some additional information from the development group, let me know if this may be what is happening to you. Also, let me know what operating system and browser you're using and if it's IE, what version. If you're having it happen from a tool, let me know what the tool is.
          We do have one more timeout scenario. If a user closes down the browser (X out) the license will release after 5 Minutes. While this is not the issue here, if the user opens another instance or session of ProDemand within the same bowser, we will start the 5 minute clock against the previous ProDemand session.

How this typically plays out is that two techs will be using the same terminal/computer and each with their own session open. Whichever tech logs in second will have his session persist while the tech that logged in first will “timeout” in 5 minutes after the second session begins.
          I think we may be on something here. I am in the Snapon office and several of us use Pro Demand. My login is automatic, Sure Track I have my own, and we may be stepping on each other. hasen't ever happened before, but I'll keep an eye out today.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
            Administrator
            • Jan 2014

Is it ProDemand that is timing out or SureTrack?

Your ProDemand while in the Snap-on office should be IP authenticated and not need a username and password.

Comment

• Skip
              Super Moderator
              • Apr 2008

It was ProDemand. And I have had no issue since that night. Most likely an error in the Snapon server.

Comment

• crackerclicker
                • May 2008

My issue with ProDemand timing out is similar, so I figure this is as good a place as any to complain.

Mine times out whenever I close the lid on my laptop (probably related to the 5 minutes mentioned previously, but I don't know because I've never timed it). You might say, "Well just leave the lid open then", but I find a shop environment dictates I close it when not in use, lol. My laptop is configured NOT to go to "sleep" when closed, so I know that isn't the problem. Is there anything that can be done to alleviate this annoyance? I don't have this problem with my AllData account, and therefore use it more frequently to avoid frustration.

Lenovo ThinkPad x201, Win 7 Pro, IE 9 (well, maybe 10. I haven't actually checked to see if it automatically updated on me).

Comment

Working...