Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cooteboy
    • Nov 2015

Verus Bios Capability - please help

Hello all. I'm fairly new to the forum and I have searched for the code, or means to acquire it = unfortunately, I'm missing something.

Would someone please be so kind as to PM me the information.

Thanks!
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

i read this thread before , but you can either guess the last digit or try to send the guy a private message.

Comment

• cooteboy
      • Nov 2015

I tried to do both. I haven't received a response yet - and I couldn't get the code to work properly....

Comment

• Scott_65
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by cooteboy
        I tried to do both. I haven't received a response yet - and I couldn't get the code to work properly....
        Read his little hint right before the smiley face in the last post for the last number

Comment

• cooteboy
          • Nov 2015

I thought that was what he was getting at. I even tried that code first. Perhaps my keyboard isn't functioning right.

Comment

• Scott_65
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by cooteboy
            I thought that was what he was getting at. I even tried that code first. Perhaps my keyboard isn't functioning right.
            Which Verus are you working on? I'm no expert on these things, but I've tinkered with a few of these, the various models and I believe they are different. I haven't been into the bios on my pro, but I have on my previous model, and my co-workers of the same previous model. I don't even remember now if thats considered and gen 1 or 2 or what.

I'm not sure what is so secretive about all of this. It seems to me that if you bought it, it is yours. But as I said, I'm no expert. So I don't want to say something that gets me into trouble. So I'll point out to any snap on reps reading that I haven't stated the bios password in its entirety at any point.

Having said that, to make sure we are on the same page, did you type in "that guys code" with the number 3 directly after it? The password that I used may or may not have been that one to get me in. If it didn't work for you, I would guess at this point your using a different model than what I had. I think I read somewhere that the pro doesn't even have a password though, but never looked.

None of my business, and I'm not smart enough to judge your answer as being a bad one, but why do you want to get into the bios anyway?

Comment

• sbreland73
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Scott_65
              I think I read somewhere that the pro doesn't even have a password though, but never looked.
              This is correct, no password needed for BIOS entry.
              S. Breland

Comment

• cooteboy
                • Nov 2015

I have a gen 1 verus eems323. I'm going to attempt to use a different keyboard. To answer your question of "why" - I like to tinker. I'd like to try dual booting... adjust memory timing... change out the wifi card for a 3g, or wireless N card... like I said "tinker"

Comment

• sbreland73
                  • Jan 2009

All CAPS.
                  S. Breland

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

I have a gen 1 verus eems323. I'm going to attempt to use a different keyboard. To answer your question of "why" - I like to tinker. I'd like to try dual booting... adjust memory timing... change out the wifi card for a 3g, or wireless N card... like I said "tinker"
                    Might be wrong ,but From what I heard 32 bit operating system is limited to using 2GB of memory (Probably be even less for a Gen 1 Verus).
                    Kind of fun to tinker if you don't really have much to lose if something goes wrong .

Comment

• cooteboy
                      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
                      Might be wrong ,but From what I heard 32 bit operating system is limited to using 2GB of memory (Probably be even less for a Gen 1 Verus).
                      Kind of fun to tinker if you don't really have much to lose if something goes wrong .
                      32 bit XP can recognize 3gb of ram. I would like to at least increase mine to 2gb. I've already done the 1GB upgrade, and a 500GB hard drive.

Comment

• cooteboy
                        • Nov 2015

I'm also contemplating the possibility of a faster CPU. I have found at least one that is 200mhz faster, has a larger L2 cache, and is the same power draw - it is listed as 100% compatible replacement on intel's website. I already know that this will require a complete de-solder and reball. A bit more advanced than I have previously attempted - but I just might try it anyways.

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

From what I read about the fragility of ribbons and board connectors and I would consider my self lucky to clone a drive and definitely hold off from getting my Reballs in an uproar, and transplanting a 200 mhz faster processor unless I got a fresh new MOBO and a little Asian wife with a steady hand. I would be ecstatic about just making it run a little cooler and faster with a decent size solid state drive and no more ram than the board manufacturer says it will support.

Comment

Working...