Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tnastear
    • Dec 2015

scanner module update

A couple days ago i powered up my verus pro running 16.4 - I know its out of date but i am now working at a Ford garage and dont use it much anymore- and it says ther is an update for my scanner module every time it connects. i can choose update now or update later. any time I choose update now I get a message stating "unhandled exception has occurred in your application." and closes the program. If I choose update later the software continues to run but i cant seem to connect to verious gm products. I have reimaged the hard drive as per Snap-On and still have the same problem. Any help is appriciated.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

If it were mine , I think I would just disconnect it from connecting to any WIFI network and the internet and just use it as a scantool and oscilloscope.

Comment

• Tnastear
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
      If it were mine , I think I would just disconnect it from connecting to any WIFI network and the internet and just use it as a scantool and oscilloscope.
      That would be great but even after the reimage and not connecting to the internet the diagnostic suite still wants to update the scan module and fails to due so
      If I have the scann module connceted either by usb of wireless when i start the scanner if forces the upadate and fails

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

Sounds like something is corrupt.

If you have time and can call snap on Diagnostics support line, they may be able to remotely access and force the update.

Other wise it sounds like it may have to go back for testing and repair...

Comment

• Roostertail
          • Oct 2016

Module update

Try connecting the wireless module to the Verus pro with a USB cable. It is the wireless module that needs the update. If I remember correctly, go to the pairing area and there is a button to update the module. Make sure it is connected to the internet.

Comment

• Chiba280
            • Nov 2015

Scan module

Hey fellows having trouble connecting to my scan module , it goes thru the update via the USB states its complete. The problem is when I go to use it and try to read scan data or pids, it reads and update is available for the scan module and it those not communicate with the verus ! I update again and to no avail .it connects to the Verus I can see the light flickering on both scanner and module, but still no communication. When I start up the Verus and plug the scan module to the vehicle , they pair up the module beeps but no communication! Any help , does any one have a copy of the USM driver that come on a USB stick when you purchase the unit ? I can by a copy from you if you have one , please I need my scan module to hookup so I can work on my cars. .. thanks
            Last edited by Chiba280; 12-12-2018, 02:59 PM. Reason: Left out a word

Comment

• SnapOnKid
              • Jan 2011

Connect the usb cable from the scan tool to the module. Connect module to a car and let it force the firmware into the module.

Doesn't always take wirelessly

Comment

• Chiba280
                • Nov 2015

I did exactly that , I removed the USB cable from the Verus resarted the Verus and still when I get to the scan screen I tap on the auto vin, it searches for the scan module and the no communication screen pops up and it states there is an update for the scan module.. I re load it on to the scan module it states success I hit ok , I tried to auto vin and the same message no communication, update available. I tried it manually entering vehicle ,get to the code read screen , no communication... all the time I see the communication light on the scan modules blinking...oh by the way I communicated with the car 1 time since I have been trying to update. Then no bueno !

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                  • Jan 2011

Did you remove power to the scan module and then connect it back up?

Comment

• Chiba280
                    • Nov 2015

I removed the USB connecting the scan module to the Verus while powering it after it said install success and hit the ok button along with the cable to the car . Then reinstalled the car cable and restarted the Verus.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                      • Jan 2011

Try leaving scanner on but disconnect scan tool and reconnect scan tool. See if it will connect to car after that.

Comment

• Chiba280
                        • Nov 2015

Thanks for the advice I guess I'll keep trying a few more times.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Chiba280
                          I removed the USB connecting the scan module to the Verus while powering it after it said install success and hit the ok button along with the cable to the car . Then reinstalled the car cable and restarted the Verus.
                          Don't restart the scan tool. Try Just unplug the usb cable only and let it reconnect the scan module wirelessly.

Comment

• Chiba280
                            • Nov 2015

When out to the car , tried it all , still no communication.! I think I might be missing something in the programming! Does the Verus have to be connected to the internet..?

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                              • Jan 2011

No, but maybe something in the software is not correct. Try calling tech support. If you can connect it to the internet they can reload the software and see if it fixes it.

Comment

Working...