Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dutch97501
    • Dec 2007

Half my fleet not supported?

Ok so I took the plunge and bought a Verus just to find out that my 2005 Chevy Venture vans are not in the data base. The vans are incomplete from GM. The vin is 1GBDV13E45D127399. when I enter thin vin my options are limited to a fifth digit of C K G. And of course the van is a V. Now if I enter it in as 1GNDVI3E45D127399 the vin is not correct and it still gives me the C K G option. To trick the unit I am having to ADD NEW enter only 2005, Chevy, Venture. And then save. Then every time I go to scanner from VEHICLE ID I have to select MPV, 3.4 SFI. Can this be fixed PLEASE? Its not a big deal for me except for when Im off work the rest of the crew is not as educated on diagnostics as I am which puts me on call during my off hours since I work for a government fleet that runs all the time night or day.
  • Matt_Ragsdale
    • Jul 2008

It's appears to be an error of how the VIN is built by the Snap On. As an alternative, you can use 2005 Buick Terraza or Pontiac Montana and have access to the same modules you would with the Venture.

Comment

Working...