Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marciovcr
    • Jan 2015

Verus Problem

I am trying to solve a big problem with my Verus EEMS323.
    I checked several times on websites and forum but no success.
    My Verus is not working, suddenly turned off, and doesn't start anymore, I checked the power input by cable and it's working well, but the battery is not charged,

Is it mean that I have no power problem? Or the battery should work together, direct cables powerline?

I am electronic engineer and I can measure the circuits. or if possible I can talk to technical maintenance repair team in order to get the step by step to test the boards.

I need the contact from repair team, Do you have any contact?

I would like to know how to repair/fix, or only test these boards with electrical boards scheme.

Please!!! I like to much this snap- on equipment and it is too much necessary for my current work.
    I hope to solve ASAP.
    Tks
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Can the Verus be powered up only with AC adapter while the battery is removed from the unit , like most laptop pcs can if you are triing to rule out a shorted battery as the root cause ?

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

S. Breland

Comment

• Prezauto
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Witsend
        Can the Verus be powered up only with AC adapter while the battery is removed from the unit , like most laptop pcs can if you are triing to rule out a shorted battery as the root cause ?
        It can, just booted my Gen1 to check.
        John

Comment

• chaskuss
          • Dec 2009

Start at step 1

Step 1 Check the fuse. If you can't find it, download the Verus user manual [if you don't have a paper copy] from Snap On's site.

Comment

• marciovcr
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by chaskuss
            Step 1 Check the fuse. If you can't find it, download the Verus user manual [if you don't have a paper copy] from Snap On's site.
            I tried, and the fuse is OK!

Comment

• marciovcr
              • Jan 2015

Even Without battery no success!

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

If screen is black but there is other led activity on front or sides, when powered up , have you tried to attach an external monitor to rule out a dead screen ?

Comment

• Prezauto
                  • Dec 2014

If screen is black but there is other led activity on front or sides, when powered up , have you tried to attach an external monitor to rule out a dead screen ?
                  About that, does the Verus output to it's screen and vga simultaneously? Was uprading my RAM in my 323 and the screen connector broke from the motherboard .

Managed to get it somewhat reconnected but only got white screen with touch. The indicative sounds told me it was booting windows at least, buy when booted with wireless kb/mouse and external monitor it boots with SO logo, SS logo then loses signal after the Win XP load screen (black one). I have no idea where to go from here.
                  John

Comment

• Prezauto
                    • Dec 2014

LOL FML...in the process of trying to repair the video connector the HDD went belly up. Oh well, at least I didn't buy it new and have $10K or more tied up in it.
                    John

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

Feel bad you would have to eat $999 let alone $9,999. Whatever you paid for a used Verus with issues it was too much, you are a braver man than me.
                      Don't give up on that HDD just yet, you might be able to view files on your PC and repair files, or recover files with Recuva recovery software on a PC attaching the hard drive via a USB through a SATA adapter . If it don't work you still could recover pictures and stuff by yourself from a laptop HDD that crashed.

Recover and un-delete files with Recuva, the award-winning file recovery tool by the makers of CCleaner. Download the latest version today.

Comment

• Prezauto
                        • Dec 2014

Feel bad you would have to eat $999 let alone $9,999. Whatever you paid for a used Verus with issues it was too much, you are a braver man than me.
                        Don't give up on that HDD just yet, you might be able to view files on your PC and repair files, or recover files with Recuva recovery software on a PC attaching the hard drive via a USB through a SATA adapter . If it don't work you still could recover pictures and stuff by yourself from a laptop HDD that crashed.

https://www.piriform.com/recuva
                        While I have the adapter, I noticed no "spinning" sounds from the HDD. The bitter pill is that it had no real issues before I decided to upgrade the RAM. I'd just decided to keep it & sell my MODIS to offset the cost, since it was becoming my go to diagnostic tool and I loved it.
                        John

Comment

• marciovcr
                          • Jan 2015

Screen is black and there is no led activity.

I am thinking about We lost this equipment, unbelievable, I tried to talk to snap-on support no success, very bad support

Comment

• marciovcr
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Prezauto
                            About that, does the Verus output to it's screen and vga simultaneously? Was uprading my RAM in my 323 and the screen connector broke from the motherboard .

Managed to get it somewhat reconnected but only got white screen with touch. The indicative sounds told me it was booting windows at least, buy when booted with wireless kb/mouse and external monitor it boots with SO logo, SS logo then loses signal after the Win XP load screen (black one). I have no idea where to go from here.

I am thinking about We lost this equipment, unbelievable, I tried to talk to snap-on support no success, very bad support

Comment

• Prezauto
                              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by marciovcr

That sounds like a power issue. No incoming power from external source or from battery. Likely a motherboard problem.
                              John

Comment

Working...