X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RailwayRog
    • Apr 2016

Solus Software Replacement

Hi I'm new to this forum and Solus.
    I just bought a Solus model EESC310A off ebay and it came with no software.
    Snap-On no longer supports this model so how do I get software for this unit?
    I don't see Solus software listed anywhere on ebay. Did I just buy a brick?http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...lies/frown.gif
    Thanx,
    Roger
  • jables2006
    • Dec 2015

I hope not for your sake. I'm sure someone will chime in, welcome to the forum btw.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

From what I read, The original Solus will no longer be supported by "New Updates" and once the existing parts inventory for it is exhausted they will no longer be able to repair them . If it's not on an ancient Hot list , I think you could still send it in for a diagnostic and a reinstall of the old software for a reasonable amount. Thought someone recently sent in a Solus Pro for repairs that used to have 8.4 and it came back from repair looking like new with 11.2.

Comment

• RailwayRog
        • Apr 2016

I've already contacted Snap-On and they no longer have software or make repairs to this particular model.
        I could try to return it but I'm sure how much luck I'll have with that.
        But I'd like to really keep it and use it if it can find software at a reasonable price.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I would immediately contact seller and get your money back if your man on the truck cannot at least perform a Device recovery and at least get the old original software version back up working again. You would think Snappy Dealer with Scan Bay on truck could at least offer a diagnostic to sell something like Solus Legacy 15.2 for a few more years to come for working units or offer a thousand dollar discount trading in.
          Last edited by Witsend; 04-09-2016, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Working...