X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mechmanuk
    • May 2011

zafira codes

Hi fellas
    dont know if im in the right place to ask but ive got a zafira 1.9 td 2008 with the engine light on, customer brought in limp mode

i dont have any data for this year and it brought up 2 codes

p2279 intaqke air system leak
    p242f particulate filter pressure sensor range

could any of you please advise or help with these faults? thanks
  • markt
    • Apr 2011

just done a 56 plate vectra 1.9cdti with intake leak fault as youres yesterday and traced it to faulty egr valve...new one fitted and job sorted.
    particulate filter fault could be linked to this as pressure from the exhaust will be leaking past egr and fooling dpf pressure sensor...live data check on the pressure sensor first just to ensure it is working though
    Last edited by markt; 05-03-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• mechmanuk
      • May 2011

traced it to faulty egr valve
      my mechanic did a function test on EGR, started process and the vehicle cut out before the test was complete.
      Also the car was very difficult to start up from cold, can the EGR cause this problem? any advise appreciated. cheers

Comment

• markt
        • Apr 2011

yep..some cars do cut out when doing an actuator test when its running but you also need to see its feedback voltage when its supposed to be closed as this usually is the root of the fault. also i think it shows the airmass voltage too when doing the egr test?? this also needs to be checked to make sure the airmass can see the egr bleed leading to a drop in voltage across it or whatever reading it gives for it.
        is it a common rail diesel engine? if so it is worth doing an injector leakoff test aswell.

Comment

• mechmanuk
          • May 2011

thanks for the up mark, my mechanic has little knowledge with the solus pro if im honest and mine isnt much better neither, saying that i will plug her up and have a play again see if i can make sense of it, really need to get on some courses and educate myself! thanks again for the advise.

Comment

• mechmanuk
            • May 2011

on the EGR test

the reading was 100 (dropped back to 4 at the end of the test)
            mass air flow reads kg/h 6552.9

is this normal m8?

Comment

• markt
              • Apr 2011

6552.9 kg/h looks a little high...can you sinlge out the airmass from live data just to double check its in kg/h or voltage would be better.
              if theres a voltage display for egr when just ign is on check that also,

Comment

• mechmanuk
                • May 2011

hi m8, it was kg/h

took the egr off cleaned and replaced, car started fine and seem to behave, customer took car and going to see how it runs and was even talking of trade in, he had trouble last year which cost him £800 which isnt good for a 32k car, told him to give the car a good run (regeneration)
                i will try and get him back in to take some more reaings and post back, many thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...