Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • komobu
    • Feb 2009

To Upgrade or Not?

Just picked up a Vantage Pro that looks like new. I got an exceptional deal on it, but it only has v9.4 software on it.

Most of the stuff I work on is still in the 90s or early 2000s. I also have a Verus with 15.4 on it. So if a newer vehicle came in, I could always look up the connectors on my verus.

Anyways, I got such a good deal on it that I am thinking about updating it anyways. Snap On has a sale now on updating electronically instead of getting another CF Card. If I get the CF Card update, it will run me an extra 55 dollars since it isnt on sale.

I was told by some users that older stuff may have dropped off between 2009 and 2015 software. I really dont want to loose the older vehicle coverage, so I was thinking about updating through the cf card, but that cost 55 dollars extra.

The snap on support guy says that nothing has dropped off and go ahead and get the regular update.

Any advice?
  • Jay G.
    Administrator
    • Dec 2006

Snap on support is correct no content or year coverage has been dropped.

The Vantage Pro is a very good tool and I would recommend updating it to the current release. Just my bias opinion

Comment

• MonzaRacer
      • May 2008

nope still goes back to 81 and im on11.4

Comment

Working...