X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Auxillary Battery power for less than $30 shipped

One of the things my DS 708 lacks like the later Maxi Sys (and Snappy's decent graphing capability and troubleshooter like a Solus Ultra ) is not having an internal recharge able battery. Someone on an Autel Forum however took one of these portable 12V lith ion power source piggy backed on the back of his DS 708, and makes it more convenient to use , walk away untethered from a vehicle to decent WI FI to print things wire lessly or show someone waiting the screen to prevent having to print it out for them if you don't have to. I Think I could even do a power jack off of my MT2500 instead of the ridiculous 9V transistor battery.

• Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Auxillary Battery power for scanners without battery

Received my 4500mah battery in a couple days off Amazon , so if I now wish to before powering off scanner and unplugging the scanner cable from a vehicle's DLC I can flip the battery power switch on , unplug scanner and walk over and show the customer the screen or walk to a better location to have good WIFI to print what I want without saving the vehicle, shutting off scanner and plugging in the auxillary power adapter, then restarting scanner in order to access the saved info again to print things out. Hoping to save time and saved vehicle scanner clutter
    I'm going to see if I can wire up something to use one of these batteries on my MT2500 too. I think I might have to pin out the data cable and splice the battery connector wires externally to the DLC cable versus the more easily accessible 9v battery wires, because I don't wish to hold the button in like you have to accessing menu by the 9v battery power. LOL
    Attached Files

Comment

• scottmechanics
      • Jun 2013

Battery power

Great like that I was thinking the same for my old modis

Saw this one on eBay power pack and jump starter
      2 in 1 external power supply and car starter
      Thanks from Scott

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Auxillary Battery power

Great like that I was thinking the same for my old modis
        Definitely would take 2 hands to handle That Whopper with that 10" screen piggy backed on top and the battery piggybacked underneath, be a good 6 inches depth and be pushing over 15 lbs of weight. May be if you can deal with the extra weight piggybacked to it , be a longer lasting option to buying an expensive replacement of it's tired internal battery.To save battery I would probably unplug the Modis original screen beneath if you are now using the 10" LCD one over it.

Comment

• scottmechanics
          • Jun 2013

Big is not always better

Hello every one
          Yes your right it will make the scan tool big
          But on the plus side , you can power the vehicle from a scan tool
          Or if your lucky start it ,needs looking into
          Thanks

Comment

• maven
            • Mar 2014

I approve of this thread Wit.

Nice upgrade.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Higher mah external battery and prettier too

If replacement internal battery of a scanner is too much of a burn on the wallet , I now see more powerful external options, some with a thinner more attractive external battery worthy of piggybacking on to the back of a Verus or Verdict

I still like the price point of the ones that look like a block of Chinese C-4 and the One with the jumper cables , Scott mechanic posted link to looks awesome

Comment

Working...