Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

2012 Durango 3.6 Check Gas CAP

This 2012 Durango 3.6 with a P0456 Evap Small leak. No leaks so I ordered a new ESIM. In the mean time I cleared the code but the Check Gas Cap message in the cluster remains. Can't find any info on clearing this out. Is it a scanner function, I don't see this function anywhere ? It doesn't seem to be a cluster/info system function. Disconnecting the battery and draining the Keep Alives seems a bit harsh. Any ideas ? Does it have to pass a Evap Monitor test to clear ?
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Unless something has changed I guess I got the answer to this a couple of years ago. http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ead.php?t=9096

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Replace ESIM, run Evap Monitor Test with Verus. Passed large leak test. Check Gas Cap message in info display goes out. I even checked the ESIM the correct way. No smoke, pull vacuum and watch the ESIM data on the scanner to see if switch closes. Old switch (ESIM) did not close at prescribed Vacuum. New one closes.
      Last edited by greasybob; 10-27-2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Cool. I've been finding a lot of bad ESIM Valves lately. They have been stuck in the closed position. A light smack opens them temporarily.
        Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

Working...