Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Hmmm, Probably all BS because of a stupid mistake like maybe someone might have installed a Heavy Duty Chinese dome light bulb that fits a 69 Ford LTD looks similar but has a much higher wattage demand then the stock one replaced and BCM may have overload protection for the circuit causing it to act like a circuit breaker.

Comment

• Matt
      • Dec 2008

Tech10, thank you for your info. I do not have access to IDS. If I am understanding this correctly my PassThru Pro III is not adequate for this task?? FMP will not program this module correctly??

Comment

• Matt
        • Dec 2008

Well I had to let this one go to the dealership. Thank you everyone for your help. I learned a lot but ended up waving the white flag due to time budget.

Comment

• Tech10
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Matt
          Tech10, thank you for your info. I do not have access to IDS. If I am understanding this correctly my PassThru Pro III is not adequate for this task?? FMP will not program this module correctly??
          Matt, not sure what exactly causes the issue/issues, device, FMP or just not being programmed correctly like in the proper order. I am not familiar with FMP since I use IDS.

The BCM PMI should be followed by CEI Lock Configuration was that done? Did that pop up after PMI when using FMP?

Comment

• Matt
            • Dec 2008

I don't remember a "CEI lock configuration" menu after the BCM software was installed. I did perform the "parameter reset" in the PATS menu the next morning. I wonder if the delayed "parameter reset" caused this whole thing. I really wanted this thing to work but I finally had to let it go, other work was stacking up.

Comment

Working...