X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by badcoupe
    the connector has a jack on the side for a 12v input that goes to cig lighter, I have an adapter to hook it to the battery. This must be hooked up!
    If the 12V connector is not hooked up the Wireless Module won't be powered. This is the way with most every Pre OBDII vehicle.
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Donminor
      • Jan 2014

Ok, Tried the 12 volt to the connector still will not connect I still keep getting and no communicate error. saying crack engine or start truck, just hangs there and never connects,

Anymore ideas guys???

Comment

• badcoupe
        • Jan 2011

do your wireless module lights come on and do you hear the telltale beep? Also use the usb cord from scanner to wireless module many of the obd1 pcm's baud rate is too slow for the wireless. Early fords especially.

Comment

• Donminor
          • Jan 2014

OK, my Verus is one of the first ones, the diagnostic connector are all on cables and hook directly to the scanner or Verus. I can connect to the Internet to hook to Shop steam if I had it, that is the only part that wireless.

I have tried place the power supply connector in the hole on the Chry 1 diagnostic connector and powering everything form there I still can't get it to connect

I also tried moving up and down a year just in case the computer would match up with it. I also tried using Chry. in the same year 1988.

I also looked up the computer numbers just in case someone before I got the truck might have went and got one out of a junk yard and got the wrong one but it is the correct ECM for the truck.

Question could anyone up load a PDF file for the wire diagram on the connector for me, the one I have is form a Hanes Manual and I don't always trust those, just so I could make sure it is pinning out correctly and that it is the same as what I have.

That would be a 1988 Dodge Dakota SE 3.9 TBI Vin: 1B7GN14X4JS641641

Comment

• Donminor
            • Jan 2014

OK, I have a question on the Chry 1 connector, does one of the terminals where it plugs in to the connector on the truck pins out to 2 pins on the other side,where it connects to the cable. I not sure if that good or not because I don't have another one to compare it with or should it only connect to one pin on the other side. all the others only connect to one on the other side.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

OBD1 Chrysler connector

I sometimes could not get communication using the factory Chrysler DRB2 on OBD1 chrysler under hood connectors because the terminals of those underhood connectors would get corrosion from underhood elements. Ford EEC 4 underhood connectors were even worse using the factory Super Star 2 Tester BEEP BEEP BNEEEEP, What a Friggen turd it was to use that tool , LOL. Get yourself a torch tip cleaner and clean all the connector terminals and insert a male terminal and make sure it has some drag and try again.

Comment

Working...