Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orevin
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Wheel
    I always thought how handy it would be to be able to click on an unfamiliar pid in your live datastream and have a small troubleshooter window pop
    up right there and explain it to you much like a combination of Fast Track Data Scan and the pid description in the manuals.
    Great idea, I like it!

That too would be a lot of work, but as far as I know, no one has anything like it.

Well, the Maxidas has it for a few vehicles. Here is an example:

If you highlight a pid with a yellow triangle attached:

IMG_0050.jpg

And then click on Help, you'll get this:

IMG_0051.jpg
    -Kai-
    Chicago, IL

Comment

• timstech
      • Dec 2010

“Our intent is to provide quality product training that is available to technicians 24 hours a day, seven days a week, when it is most convenient for them,” said Jim Moritz, national training support representative for Snap-on Diagnostic.

Jim spoke of the link to TS in his 12.2 update on the Tech central tab,I have had the honor of attending several of Jims classes, I think he is now international training support for SO

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Orevin
        Great idea, I like it!

Well, the Maxidas has it for a few vehicles. Here is an example:

If you highlight a pid with a yellow triangle attached:

[ATTACH]10255[/ATTACH]

And then click on Help, you'll get this:

[ATTACH]10256[/ATTACH]
        Thanks for the example. That's pretty much what I was trying to describe.
        Even that much info is a big help, but where troubleshooter has more info like a known good range, that would be even better if Snap On could do this. They could make a linl to take you to troubleshooter, but I think it would be even better to just have a balloon or another small window pop up right where you are instead.

I'll have to put a Maxidas on my want list.
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• ameervwking
          • May 2012

I was having the same problem and concern.

Comment

• phill57
            • Oct 2007

clickable pid explanation

Actually OTC did have this feature back in the days of the Monitor 4000. You could highlight a pid in the data list and then click the `help` key and a description of the pid including min and max values would pop up.

Originally posted by Wheel
            Accomplishing this would be quite a task, but it would sure be handy.

I always thought how handy it would be to be able to click on an unfamiliar pid in your live datastream and have a small troubleshooter window pop
            up right there and explain it to you much like a combination of Fast Track Data Scan and the pid description in the manuals. That too would be a lot of work, but as far as I know, no one has anything like it.

Comment

• sledfreek76
              • Jun 2012

troubleshooter still inoperative

Hello... has anyone figured out the troubleshooter inop issue? My verus wants to go to shopkey also... I appreciate info. Thank you

Comment

Working...