X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Dissapointed with Snap-On Again

Again have been let down by Snap-On.

Trying to replace an Air Bag Module on a 2007 Tahoe. Have the Verus with 12.4 software and the PassThrough Pro 2 as a J2534 programmer and my HP laptop, (not using the PTP2 with the Verus). Connected to GM SPS and paid for the two days access as usual. Program the SDM, (air bag controller) with the proper software and options. So far so good. Now need to set up the SDM. Can't do that with the PTP2 so connect the Verus. Option is in the air bag setup but the Verus says "this process must be done with a compatible J2534 programmer" and it won't perform it. Setup of the SDM Primary Key in the BCM is no problem but can't do the Setup New SDM. Cleared all codes at least in the controllers we can view and no codes are present but the SIR lamp flashes continually. Information in Alldata says this is do to incomplete programming or wrong options. Reflashed again, double checking the options and tried again. Still same problem. Had to go borrow a Tech2 to Setup the SDM. $15,000.00 worth of hardware and still can't do the job. I am going to call tech support on Monday and see what they have to say.

Can you tell I'm frustrated?

Cross posted in the J2534 forum.
  • Snap-on_ULTRA
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by phill57
    Again have been let down by Snap-On.

to say.

Can you tell I'm frustrated?
    Yes I know how you feel. Snap on is overpriced in relation on what it can actually do.

Comment

• TurboJim
      • Jan 2007

I'm sure you got it by now, but DL Tech2Win, you'll have it for 30 days until you need to aquire another "license". use your 2534 interface to run Tech2Win and copy SDM key etc.

Only thing you cant do with tech2Win (that I know of) is program modules. But since you have a Jbox, you can just program via tis though the j box
      Jim Testa
      Senior Technician
      JD Automotive & Truck Inc
      Dover, NJ

Comment

Working...