X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrorl63
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Have You Downloaded Shopstream Connect

How many of you have downloaded and installed Shopstream Connect?
    1) Yes
    2) No
    3) Yes - Don't use it
    4) What is Shopstream Connect
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Yes - Don't Use It
    0%
    What is Shopstream Connect?
    0%
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

For those that have not and would like to, here is the link http://www1.snapon.com/ssc
    MasterWrench

Comment

• billjones
      • Feb 2009

shopstream connect upgrade

the latest version 7.6 doesnt work right when viewing movies downloaded from ethos. all I get is rpm. why and how can this be corrected

Comment

• joenash
        • Jan 2009

????????????????

If you have a verus Do you still need shopstream connect?
        JOENASH

Comment

• Manic Mechanic
          • Aug 2008

Shop Stream

Originally posted by joenash
          If you have a verus Do you still need shopstream connect?
          The VERUS dose have a data manager that will play back VERUS recordings so Shop-stream is most likely not necessary , The VERUS at this time dose not appear to play back recordings from Shop-stream however the recordings from the VERUS do play back in Shop-stream ? Just my experience from my new VERUS at this time ....
          Manic Mechanic

Comment

• jgarza83
            • Jun 2008

When will Shop Stream Connect be compatible with Windows Vista??? That is the main reason I don`t use it.

Comment

• Manic Mechanic
              • Aug 2008

Vista ?

Originally posted by jgarza83
              When will Shop Stream Connect be compatible with Windows Vista??? That is the main reason I don`t use it.
              I installed Shop Stream on my laptop running VISTA and it works fine for me , Vista can run old apps under different versions of Windows, It's in the properties window for that program after you install it, Make a restore point before you install Shop Stream and if have problems restore back to that point .
              Manic Mechanic

Comment

• Skip
                Super Moderator
                • Apr 2008

Shop Stream is also the way to get to the Ask-A-Tech forum where you post vehicle technical questions. This forum is supposed to be for product use and feedback.

Comment

• Mark1963
                  • Feb 2011

Shop Stream Connect

Tried several times to load Shop Stream Connect on my laptop, but without success. Running Windows 7 64 Bit. Been waiting for months for "so-called" fix, but all I see are more and more people with the same problem I have.
                  You know, I can't think of any computers that are still sold with XP operating systems. I really don't feel like "down-grading" my operating system just because Snap-on won't evolve into the "here and now". I payed pretty good money for my Solus pro, and would really like to be able to use some of the features that I bought it for. I was told several months ago that they would have the 64-bit software any day now.......Still Waiting........
                  Will someone please light a fire under their rear-ends and get somebody to listen, and take care of this?!
                  Thanks in advance,
                  Mark

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                    • Nov 2007

SSC for 64 bit systems

Originally posted by Mark1963
                    Tried several times to load Shop Stream Connect on my laptop, but without success. Running Windows 7 64 Bit. Been waiting for months for "so-called" fix, but all I see are more and more people with the same problem I have.
                    You know, I can't think of any computers that are still sold with XP operating systems. I really don't feel like "down-grading" my operating system just because Snap-on won't evolve into the "here and now". I payed pretty good money for my Solus pro, and would really like to be able to use some of the features that I bought it for. I was told several months ago that they would have the 64-bit software any day now.......Still Waiting........
                    Will someone please light a fire under their rear-ends and get somebody to listen, and take care of this?!
                    Thanks in advance,
                    Mark

Mark,

The fix is being tested as we speak. The 64 and formerly 32 bit systems have been a challenging be cause Microsoft has decided they need 3 versions of one system.
                    Within this issue is another problem with the "tools" Microsoft has provided to write programs based on 64 bit . That is a huge technical issue.

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY:
                    What if you had a great program that took a year or so to write. Then Microsoft comes along with 3 new OS, Vista, Vista 32, Vista 64 bit.
                    You are in the middle of a monumental software change youself. Then Microsofft realizes that all 3 versions of Vista are not what people want so they design 3 new OS, Windows 7, Windows 7 32 & 64 bit.

Also if you might have seen on Verus and Verdict Atlas programs that there is another SSC Data Viewer based on Atlas. They have to refine that as well.

This takes a lot of "resources". I am going to be patient, because I have seen first hand how much is going into all the products.

There is also different software for Australia, Great Britian and other parts of the world, so different makes models and languages have to be added.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

• Mark1963
                      • Feb 2011

est release date for 64-bit compatible

So, has anyone heard of a possible release date for 64-bit compatable software?

Comment

• CARS2014
                        • Dec 2013

windows 8

I'm reading comments about troubles connecting to windows7 and xp. /the download screen says its for those systems just bought a comp with windows 8 64 bit. does nobody else have this problem? not able to install program.

Comment

• MasterWrench
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by CARS2014
                          I'm reading comments about troubles connecting to windows7 and xp. /the download screen says its for those systems just bought a comp with windows 8 64 bit. does nobody else have this problem? not able to install program.
                          If you have windows 8 you may have to see if there is a way to run the program in backwards compatibility.
                          MasterWrench

Comment

• Neproshennie
                            • Mar 2015

64-bit

I have Shopstream Connect running on my Windows Server 2008 VM (see attached 01.png). Here is what I did:

Download/Install 7zip

Download the installer

Use 7zip to extract the contents of the executable to a directory -- this will give you the actual MSI package and etc.

Use Microsoft's Orca to edit the MSI file -- specifically the loader options. This is where you will see entries that restrict what OS it can be installed on. I removed all of the loader entries then clicked save.

Run the MSI and enjoy.

In terms of usefulness, Shopstream Connect has so many quirks that it's next to useless aside from updating your device.

1) If you have a floating point number with the same whole number as your Y access, you get multiple Y data points as the whole number. Example: "4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6", etc will show up as "4" on the graph -- useless! (see attached 03.png)

2) The only export option you have is via printer so hopefully you have a PDF printer installed.

3) This does nothing more than what you could do with a CSV and excel. The only difference is that with X number of graphs loaded, you can click on one point and have that point selected on all graphs. So what? You only get a small number of frames to look at and if you used Excel to graph/plot your data then just look at the frame number. (see attached 02.png)

I've reverse engineered the data for my Ethos and have a tool that can generate CSV files or insert the data into a SQL database. From there, I use a Python plotting library to manipulate the data as I see fit and automatically generate reports. I don't see Shopstream Connect sequencing multiple movies together to isolate anomalies. It doesn't separate datafiles by vehicle even though the functionality is built-in.

Should I also mention that I'm a Mac guy so being forced to use a Windows application (from a Unix perspective) really grinds my gears.

In short, if you're not using Shopstream Connect then you're not missing much. If you want a better alternative that happens to be cross-platform then urge Snap-On to give me some of their design/implementation documents otherwise I will keep digging through the data.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• maven
                              • Mar 2014

Ive got SSC, rarely use it to its full extent as I dont feel its user firendly. But when I NEED it Im glad it its there.

Comment

Working...