Clear All
  • wagzilla
    • Oct 2014

Thanks for the warm welcome

Comment

• dodge90
      • Oct 2014

hello all

hi, names Bobby Reed, goes by Dodge90 Feels like i've been wrenching all my life. Live in the great N.E. Pa. Been working at the same shop for 26 yrs. It's like a whole nother family. I am ASE certified along with many more other certs. Love Camping, Nascar, outdoor stuff, (when the weather is good of course).Also a life member of a Vol.Hose CO that also has a Scuba team, Swift Water Rescue team and cert. in all that to. Glad to meet you all.
      I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by dodge90
        hi, names Bobby Reed, goes by Dodge90 Feels like i've been wrenching all my life. Live in the great N.E. Pa. Been working at the same shop for 26 yrs. It's like a whole nother family. I am ASE certified along with many more other certs. Love Camping, Nascar, outdoor stuff, (when the weather is good of course).Also a life member of a Vol.Hose CO that also has a Scuba team, Swift Water Rescue team and cert. in all that to. Glad to meet you all.
        Hi dodge90.
        welcome. I'm just one of the Canadian Great White North members here. Not many of us Canuck cement heads in here. LOL

I'll bet you guys have been colder than usual lately-!!

26 years at the same shop-!! GOOD for you-!! Glad to hear there are still some of the "old school" shops around.

Most of the regulars here are good folks willing to answer questions, and 99% of the time there isn't any "agenda"....

Comment

• dodge90
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Crusty
          Hi dodge90.
          welcome. I'm just one of the Canadian Great White North members here. Not many of us Canuck cement heads in here. LOL

I'll bet you guys have been colder than usual lately-!!

26 years at the same shop-!! GOOD for you-!! Glad to hear there are still some of the "old school" shops around.

Most of the regulars here are good folks willing to answer questions, and 99% of the time there isn't any "agenda"....
          Tanks Crusty, Iv'e been on the other site shopkey 5 and their discussions page, The yugo page, met alot of great guys over their with fun topics . been watching this page and finally decided to join. This shop is "old School" in busniss for 63 yrs. Great people to work for. Just wish some guys would stick around instead of following the $ Grass isnt always greener on the other side. Looing fwd to further posts

Comment

• DrHillier
            • Apr 2015

introduction

Hi my name is Damon Hillier,I work in port orchard Washington. I am a shop manager as well as an auto tech at Walts auto care. I have been in the business 20 some odd years and still learn new things every day. We do everything here other than tires and alignments, and we also do fleet work for a large cable company. I worked at an RV dealer for 5 years and got my RVIA certification (ASE equivalent in the RV industry) I am also an ASE master tech.

Comment

• Jay G.
              Administrator
              • Dec 2006

Welcome to the forum Damon.

Comment

• Scott 79
                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by wagzilla
                Hi my name is James I'm a fire apparatus technician, I work on anything that comes though the door, I'm always still learning and growing relearning what I forgot!! I started getting paid in 1986 I still like what I'm doing but I would never guess how much money I would put into tool and such.. I like anything that runs good. By the time I get done working on everyone's junk I don't want to work on my junk. I look forward to grow and learn from you guys and share what ever info I have

James or wagzilla , by the way wagzilla is my 1998 Nissan GTR wagon 260rs autech

Hello Wagzilla, welcome aboard, a couple months late!! LOL

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Hope you never get your fire apparatus stuck in the door

Comment

• Bradm
                    • Apr 2015

Hello, I'm Brad McAthur a master tech at a Toyota store in Louisville Mississippi. I cut my teeth as mechanic in the Marines and it went from there. I got burned out a few months ago and went to work in the oil field. I got laid off in the oil field and I'm glad to be back turning wrenches again. I can say out of 10 years of turning wrenches I have never been laid off.

Comment

• Crusty
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Bradm
                      Hello, I'm Brad McAthur a master tech at a Toyota store in Louisville Mississippi. I cut my teeth as mechanic in the Marines and it went from there. I got burned out a few months ago and went to work in the oil field. I got laid off in the oil field and I'm glad to be back turning wrenches again. I can say out of 10 years of turning wrenches I have never been laid off.
                      Welcome MARINE-!!
                      You guys are almost as nuts as us CANUCKS-!! LOL

Comment

• ericsautomotive
                        • Mar 2014

Hey guys

Hey my name is Eric Girard. I go by ericsautomotive on SureTrack. I'm a small shop owner/ auto tech in Asheville, NC.
                        I've been a mechanic my whole life. I was raised a dairy farm working on trucks and tractors and every thing else the guys could break. I been in the auto repair business for 29 years now and really love what I do.
                        Look forward to kicking the basket case vehicles around with you guys.....
                        Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                          Administrator
                          • Jan 2014

Welcome Brad and Eric, and everyone else who has joined.

Nick.
                          SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• dodge90
                            • Oct 2014

welcome, Brad and Eric. Sure you will find great infomation and meet great people here as I did. Brad, a good mechanic will never get laid off.

Comment

• Bradm
                              • Apr 2015

Thanks for the welcome guys. This board is new to me. Yes Crusty Marines are a one of a kind breed. Lmao. Eric are you the one on sure track with the diagnostic dice in front of a verus?? While I was in NC I visited Asheville once. Also visited the tail of the dragon. Very interesting place.

Comment

• ericsautomotive
                                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Bradm
                                Thanks for the welcome guys. This board is new to me. Yes Crusty Marines are a one of a kind breed. Lmao. Eric are you the one on sure track with the diagnostic dice in front of a verus?? While I was in NC I visited Asheville once. Also visited the tail of the dragon. Very interesting place.
                                Yep, That's me and I love it here. Nice place to live however it seems like the crazies are taking over..... LMAO
                                Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

Working...