• Show
Clear All
  • woefman
    • Jan 2012

Euro S Keys

Hey can anyone confirm what Exact "S-Keys" come in this kit EAK0267B01H

or The Replacement key Kit EAK0253B16E

Thanks

I have a list of Keys from some website I forget where I got the info.

I am trying to figure out what S-keys are included in either kit, to be more specific.

Thanks

oh and the DL 16 cable is indeed different than the regular OBD2 Cable right ? ??

p.s.

if must know, I was Duped on ebay, and Ebay is making seller make good on deal.
    and so far , looking on snapon website , (link provided above)
    , they give no description to the key #'s in the kit, at least on that page.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Yes the cables are different. Not sure about kits but I currently have
    S-4
    S-7
    S-17
    S-20
    S-21
    S-25
    S-27
    S-28
    S-33
    S-34
    S-39
    S-40
    S-43
    S-44
    S-45
    S-51
    S-62
    S-64
    S-69

Comment

• woefman
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by greasybob
      Yes the cables are different. Not sure about kits but I currently have
      S-4
      S-7
      S-17
      S-20
      S-21
      S-25
      S-27
      S-28
      S-33
      S-34
      S-39
      S-40
      S-43
      S-44
      S-45
      S-51
      S-62
      S-64
      S-69
      Bob do you know how to find out what keys do what Car?

Another words often more than 1 key is needed for one make of car, but to do different things.

Example: s-28 i know does BMW airbags on at least a 2003 BMW 325i
      and I bet there is another S-key to also work on BMW for say Engine OBD2

Here is deal this guy is jacking me around, ebay is stepping in, but at same time they are no help because ebay supposley gave me guys wrong phone number. So now seller and myself are frustrated and He is like ship it back.

I'm a man of principle, so I am willing to part with this thing, but we were so close to making the deal, we are like $200 bucks from making me happy.

Im willing to sacrifice some missing S-keys as long as I have all that is needed
      for BMW, Mercedes, and Volks Wagon.

and the $52 DL16 cable

so we are fighting over like $200 bucks Not my fault he listed the thing as under warranty and its not, not my fault he tried screwing me out of charging dock, (ebay made him send it) Not my fault he FORGOT to put 11.4
      software on it. (ebay making him pay for it).

Dude says he sent me all 80 S-keys...I told ebay they don't even make 80 S-keys. I tell ebay this guy is a lieing Douche Bag and i've proven this.

Ebay agrees.

I do not doubt I will get refund, but at price i paid I would hate to lose this Verus. But at same time I only paid that price cause was smokin deal as Listed.

Rant over.

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

After reading that rant, it makes me GLAD I paid an Authorized Snapon Dealer $8,700 for my unit. Customer service has been super.
        S. Breland

Comment

• Eduardo
          Banned
          • Jan 2012

I do not doubt I will get refund, but at price i paid I would hate to lose this Verus. But at same time I only paid that price cause was smokin deal as Listed.
          Snap-on made the keys just so that they can make more money. All the "personalisation keys" can fit in one small microprocessor that would cost Snap-on very small amount of money but that way they can't make money on accessories, so they made these funny "keys" like its some child's toy, just so that they can make money on it.

Comment

• sbreland73
            • Jan 2009

Woefman,

Just so you know, if you get the wireless S3 Module to add to your Verus, you won't be using keys anymore, except on OBDI and a few manufacture specifc aplications. I think, not positive, but just about any 2005 and newer vehicle will have you go throught the 16pin DLC for all systems. Those old adaptors and keys will be more of a thing of the past as time goes by. I would recommend you evaluate your needs, such as how many Euros do you service, and what systems, how many non-OBDII and such. I had considered replacing my Euro adaptor and key set (stolen), but decided just to get the S3 Module. We rarely see autos that would need the early adaptors, and another one of our locations has most of them anyway, if absolutley needed. On the topic of Keys, as it has been posted before, have you ever tried to scan all modules on a later model Caddy? You'll be key swapping all day, the S3 eliminates this.HTH.
            S. Breland

Comment

• Because
              • Jul 2010

Open this link:

In the back is a listing of keys and what they do.

HTH.

Comment

• crackerclicker
                • May 2008

Originally posted by Eduardo
                Snap-on made the keys just so that they can make more money. All the "personalisation keys" can fit in one small microprocessor that would cost Snap-on very small amount of money but that way they can't make money on accessories, so they made these funny "keys" like its some child's toy, just so that they can make money on it.
                maybe, but before you make an accusation like that, please consider that the personality key setup was created before anyone was doing the all-in-one connector . it has been reasonably well known on these forums that snappy wanted to try to perfect the all-in-one solution before they mass produced it. what we have now is a sometimes glitchy s3 module and the solus ultra. so, with that in mind, do you still feel that they are trying to 'make money' on us poor, unsuspecting victims of corporate greed? i dunno, but i'll give snappy the benefit of the doubt before resorting to conspiracy theories.

Comment

• andybaz
                  • Apr 2009

Me to only buy from SO for this equipment, as if you buy a unit an try an upgrade it, an it has been registered with SO( here in the uk anyway) you wont get it repaired or upgraded.

Moving to keys and software 11.2,11.4 and so on, yes use keys to acess different programmes, no probs there, but should we have to buy the key when you have just paid ££££ for the next upgrade ? .

Sorry for moving a little off line with this topic

But if your happy with what you have at the present, and cost, may be the next step would be to check with SO that the unit is legit etc, not stolen or lost etc ? , just a view, you dont want to be left with something that SO wont update etc
                  Toyota pro tech & ata
                  PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

• markt
                    • Apr 2011

multiplex boxes have been around for a while now ( bosck kts u-box ) and until a couple of years ago the launch super16 but both these machines still had internal multiplex pin switching built in no reason why snap on wont do one for the solus pro or other keyed machine that uses them.
                    i am sure current users would adopt to a new connector whether hard wired (preferably) or bluetooth or some other wireless protocol, should they decide to develop one, but going by the rate they are knocking out new machines i very much doubt it

Comment

• chaskuss
                      • Dec 2009

This link no longer works

Originally posted by Because
                      Open this link:

In the back is a listing of keys and what they do.

HTH.
                      Just to update this thread, the link above no longer works. With each new software release, Snap On provides a PDF file listing the vehicles that the new software covers, as well as info on accessories & keys. You can find the keys and the vehicles they cover near the end of these documents. You can look on Snap On's web site, but I find using the search engine on the site to be hit or miss, depending on how well you state your search question.
                      I've had better success using Google and typing in the following

Snap On Software version xx.x vehicle application guide & accessories

Place the software version desired in the area where I have the xx.x

Hope this helps the next guy who stumbles on this old thread.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
                        Snap-on D&I
                        • Nov 2006

Application guide

The current vehicle application guide can be found on the Diagnostics site under Diagnostic software:

Select a product, then the Quick Links tab.
                        The latest one is posted with every software update.

Comment

• chaskuss
                          • Dec 2009

Partial list

Originally posted by woefman
                          snipped

oh and the DL 16 cable is indeed different than the regular OBD2 Cable right ? ??

snipped
                          Yes, the DL-16 cable is used for European vehicles & some Chrysler products that use Mercedes components.
                          I can not tell you what keys are in those kits. I can tell you that you will need the S44 key. It is the Euro equivalent to the K-20 key. You need it for Global Generic OBD II. Below is what I know regarding usage of S keys. These keys may also be needed for other cars. Some earlier keys, like S17 & S20 now have newer applications. See

S2A European Ford [Version 8.4 & up]

S4 Mercedes, Peugeot & Citroen

S7 Audi, BMW, Land Rover, VAG, Volvo, VW, Nissan, Toyota & Globel OBD II [added as of version 4.1 or earlier]

S11 Mercedes, Fiat/Alpha Romeo/Lancia, Peugeot & Citroen

S17 Mazda, Mercedes & Chrysler [added as of version 4.1 or earlier] [Dodge Sprinter 8.2 & up]

S18 Honda

S20 Mazda, Mercedes & Chrysler [added as of version 4.1 or earlier] [Dodge Sprinter 8.2 & up]

S21 Mercedes [added as of version 4.1 or earlier]

S25 Land Rover [10.4 & newer]

S26 Porsche [14.2 & up], Renault & Opel/Vauxhall

S27 Mercedes & Opel/Vauxhall [version 4.1 or earlier]

S28 BMW & Land Rover [10.2 & newer] BMW airbags

S32 Opel/Vauxhall [ABS & SRS]

S33 Mercedes, Peugeot & Citroen [version 4.1 or earlier]

S34 Mercedes, Peugeot & Citroen [version 4.1 or earlier]

S39 BMW 7 Series [obsolete as of 9.4 software, use S 28 with newer software]

S40 Land Rover [10.4 & newer] & VAG

S43 CAN FORD Land Rover [10.4 & newer]

S44 Generic OBDII & Late model Chrysler with the ML-16 adapter [instead of OBD II or standard CAN adapters 6.2 & up] VW & Land Rover [7.2 & newer]

S45 Land Rover [10.4 & newer]

S46 Honda [SRS]

S47 CAN Opel/Vauxhall, Astra H & Vectra C ( ABS, SRS & instrument cluster)

S50 Peugeot & Citroen

S51 Mercedes

S52 Fiat, Citroen, Peugeot, Alfa Romeo CAN PSA [version 7.4 & newer]

S53 Fiat & Alfa Romeo [13.4 & newer]

S61 Peugeot & Citroen

S62 Land Rover [10.4 & newer]

S64 Mercedes Benz optional [9.2 & newer software]

S69 Volvo dual CAN [11.2 & newer]

S70 All late Proton Automatic Transmissions

Where version #s are found in brackets [] that info is only for the models which precede the brackets.

Please let me know if I'm wrong about any of these. I'd also like to know of other vehicles that use these keys.
                          Last edited by chaskuss; 12-07-2014, 10:48 AM. Reason: added info on more keys & vehicle applications

Comment

• chaskuss
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by woefman
                            Hey can anyone confirm what Exact "S-Keys" come in this kit EAK0267B01H

or The Replacement key Kit EAK0253B16E

snipped
                            Must be a corporate secret. They list the adapters that come with the EAK0267B01H kit, but not the keys. Searching on EAK0253B16E gives no useful results. [Which I'm sure you already knew] I'd like to know the answer to your question, myself.

The link below at least will show you what keys are required with the 14.4 software bundle, including the Euro keys. See

Comment

• chaskuss
                              • Dec 2009

I think I found a useful document

Regarding key usage, check out the web link below. Starting on the 6th page, [Adapters Overview] you will find a listing of adapters/keys and Euro vehicle applications. I suggest that you download this document. You never know how long stuff like this stays up on the Internet. See

Also found this thread here on the forum that should also help.

General discussion about Snap-on Diagnostic Systems, Software Updates, Accessories, etc.
                              Last edited by chaskuss; 11-21-2014, 07:30 PM. Reason: added second web link

Comment

Working...