X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oconn962
    • May 2019

MT2500 users manual

Hello everyone
    I recently purchased an MT2500 to use on my 89” Corvette and was wondering if there is a PDF Users operation manual I can print out for it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks OConn962
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Think the MT2500 and GM adapter for most of the 80s GM models is basically just a Glorified Paper Clip , that counts the lamp flashes for you and gives the 2 digit code definitions

Comment

• GypsyR
      • Jul 2017

I don't think there is a manual up for that, it's a little too old.
      There is one for generally looking at stuff with a scanner from SnapOn though. It might at least fill in some gaps for you and has some included detail on 1980's Chevys.

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

There are dozens of decent videos on Youtube that could help give some insight to its use.
        S. Breland

Comment

• Lightspeed
          • Sep 2019

If you are still looking, try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/db8w7i4v9a...anual.pdf?dl=1

I was also doing every search I could think of and surprisingly couldn't find it, then finally bumped into a link almost by accident. (Don't even know where that is now, but I created a PDF.)

There's not as much in it as you would hope, which would be info about bi-directional functions. They have a lot of info about creating "movies" and capturing data, which you could now do more easily with your phone.
          If this link doesn't work later for someone, try PMing me and I'll send you a PDF if I can.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

GM vehicles form the 80s didn't have much for bi-directional controls on them, regardless of the scanner you use. If memory serves, that engine had:
            Field Service Mode, which was mostly useless.
            Maybe RPM Control, to temporarily raise/lower the idle.
            Maybe Fan Control, but I doubt it.

There was a decent amount of engine data though. May 40 PIDs, which the MT2500 did fine on.

Joe
            "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
            Henry Ford

Comment

Working...