X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Riggs N Scrapton

My old trusty Craftsman mower quit running a couple times cutting high damp grass, but I got it started after it cooled down, but 3rd time it quit , it would not start again . Turned out it lost compression with heavy air leakage past the intake valve. I pulled the head off and the steel valve seat had came out of cylinder and held the valve open. I pried up on the valve , lined up the seat , and took a socket and hammer and tapped on the valve to bottom the seat back in and staked the aluminum in 4 places around the seat. Put the head back on without changing the head gasket. Mower started and ran fine and finished cutting the grass. Maybe replace the mower next week, maybe next year.
    Attached Files
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

Hey Wit, this thread is a great example of problem solving that our youth could never imagine doing ie. yard needs mowed-mower breaks-fix mower-finish mowing yard. It's probably why your mowing your own grass in the first place. Shouldn't there be young entrepreneurs in your neck of the woods trying to save up some money for college?!

P.S. I bet not even you in your tinfoil hat sipping suds imagined this thread taking a turn down this "condemned youth" soap box path. your welcome.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Hey Wit, this thread is a great example of problem solving that our youth could never imagine doing ie. yard needs mowed-mower breaks-fix mower-finish mowing yard. It's probably why your mowing your own grass in the first place. Shouldn't there be young entrepreneurs in your neck of the woods trying to save up some money for college?!
      Lol , My son bought a Condo because he doesn't want to cut the grass anymore.
      Last edited by Witsend; 05-18-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...